Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Sill Protectors

16K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  hantshog 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Would they not hide/cover the ambient lighting on the door sill :?: :idea: :arrow: just a thought, and I could well be wrong ;) :)

#4 ·
Roy,
Yes please. :)

Mk1,s dont fit the Mk2 though. Tried it.

#6 ·
Look good. Like the car colour reminds of the old Saluki Bronze Ford Cortina.

#8 ·
Well done. Must admit the photo I posted of the rear appears I have placed the kick plate too far forward. Maybe I have, they can fit where you want as long as the sill is flat. I used this position since I thought the main area of contact would be at the front of the sill and not the back nearest to the seat.
Cheers
Roy

#9 ·
stumpy said:
Would they not hide/cover the ambient lighting on the door sill :?: :idea: :arrow: just a thought, and I could well be wrong ;) :)
Doh.....Sorry lads, seen the pics now on the vehicle, just having an 'old man' experience :lol: I like the look of those :)

#10 ·
I have a few of those. :)

#12 ·
Have ordered these so we'll see.

#13 ·
I have had a set fitted on both my last Tiguan Mk1 and my new Mk2 ... they are excellent. Just take care when fitting as the adhesive doesn't take prisoners...get it right first time!

Working with them on a rear bumper protector....will post picture when job completed.

#16 ·
#18 ·
Your welcome

#19 ·
Has anyone fitted the genuine VW door sills protectors?
I am torn between getting the set of 4 black plastic door sill protectors or the set of 2 stainless steel ones (stainless steel seems to be only available for the front doors)
Can't seem to find photos of either of these online
Many thanks

#21 ·
Ive got my daughters into the habit of climbing out and putting their legs over the sill in our last cars :D also making sure that the seat belt buckles are right in the car car... been there had the dents....then again when we fist had or Nissan QQ I made them take their muddy school shoes off when getting into the car for a little while :lol:

#22 ·
gerge said:
I opted for Volkswagens own sill protectors.
They look better on the car than off! I was shown them at the dealership and they looked like thin sticky back plastic!
I might have to get these as I am afraid of scratching the sills! The aluminium set of 2 were about 1 inch wide so more for decorative than practical use!!
i wish VW still did decent size aluminium ones which cover most of the door sill like on my mk1 tiguan

#24 ·
hantshog said:
Hi Beagler - how are your carbon rear bumper protectors standing up. Want to get some, so any pro's and con's welcome as you've had them on for a while now.
Ayup hantshog, its just one piece and still looks like new. Good buy. ( not goodbye) :lol:

#26 ·
hantshog said:
On that, I will order some tonight. Many thanks.
You're welcome :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.