Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to the forum. I'm planning on swapping out my 5 year old diesel 2.0 TDI Golf for a 1.4 TSI 150 Tiguan.
What average mpg are people getting with their petrol Tiguans?
Thanks,
Levon

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found this calculator quite useful http://www.nextgreencar.com/tools/fuel-cost-calculator/ for comparison but others on this forum have reported higher mpg figures than nextgreencar quotes.

For my mileage it would cost an extra £300 a year for petrol vs diesel but the diesel would cost around £2000 more to purchase.

I drove a diesel tiguan and a petrol golf and preferred the petrol, hence my choice.

·
Registered
214 Posts
For info I've just ticked through 3000 miles. My routes are a mix of a road and motorway, with just a little town driving. My dash has consistently shown a long term average of 43mpg. My actual calculated mpg is 40mpg, so a little less than the dashboard figure.

Overall I'm very pleased with the mpg figures. The engine goes into 2 cylinder mode quite often on the motorway trips, so that's giving a better economy. I have noticed the mpg does drop to mid 20 to early 30mpg when driving around town, but this is quickly balanced out with a road and motorway trips. For reference my daily trip is 15 miles motorway, @ 8 miles on a road and a couple of miles around town in traffic.

Hope this helps.
Axel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Axel said:
For info I've just ticked through 3000 miles. My routes are a mix of a road and motorway, with just a little town driving. My dash has consistently shown a long term average of 43mpg. My actual calculated mpg is 40mpg, so a little less than the dashboard figure.

Overall I'm very pleased with the mpg figures. The engine goes into 2 cylinder mode quite often on the motorway trips, so that's giving a better economy. I have noticed the mpg does drop to mid 20 to early 30mpg when driving around town, but this is quickly balanced out with a road and motorway trips. For reference my daily trip is 15 miles motorway, @ 8 miles on a road and a couple of miles around town in traffic.

Hope this helps.
Axel
DSG or Manual?

·
Registered
627 Posts
UK petrol models as at May (in answer to your question - No).

S
1.4 ltr TSI 2WD 6 speed manual 125
1.4 ltr TSI ACT 2WD 6 speed manual 150

SE

SE NAVIGATION

SEL
2.0 ltr TSI 4MOTION ‡ 6 speed manual 180 (no longer factory order - just stock)
2.0 ltr TSI 4MOTION 7 speed auto DSG 180

R-LINE
2.0 ltr TSI 4MOTION ‡ 6 speed manual 180 ‡ (no longer factor order - just stock)
2.0 ltr TSI 4MOTION 7 speed auto DSG 180

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's gonna be interesting to compare the MPG on my new Tiguan with a 150bhp DSG6 with my current car, Skoda Fabia vRS with a 180bhp 1.4 TSI. Too bad I gotta wait for 3 months for it to arrive :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
azcii said:
It's gonna be interesting to compare the MPG on my new Tiguan with a 150bhp DSG6 with my current car, Skoda Fabia vRS with a 180bhp 1.4 TSI. Too bad I gotta wait for 3 months for it to arrive :(
It's 7 speed in the TDI DSG (If that is what the 6 referrred too!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Out of interest when did you order your car? I ordered mine - similar spec at end of March and the tracker says 'still being scheduled'. Dealer said 12 weeks lead time and that is pretty much up. Wondering if there is a supply issue with the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered 1.4tsi se nav,indium grey,keyless entry on the 29/4/2017. Initially told 12 weeks which meant the end of July. Called vw customer service after a couple of weeks to see if the build was on schedule and was told there is a high demand for the tsi engine due to it suddenly becoming very popular. I have an unconfirmed build week of 39 18/9/2017. Dealer confirmed this 25/5. He did say that this could change but I doubt it so it looks like a '67' plate early October

·
Registered
20 Posts
c_w said:
azcii said:
It's 7 speed in the TDI DSG (If that is what the 6 referrred too!)
It's the 1.4 tsi , not TDI :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered the same car mid March and was told 12-14 weeks. I heard nothing about a build week for weeks so went on the live chat and it came back at the end of July. A few weeks later I tried again and it had a proposed build week of the end of June. My current pop returns next week so I thought I only have a couple of weeks without a car.
I then went back on live chat last week and was given a proposed build week of 11/09/17, which will mean not getting the car until sometime in October (ouch). I contacted the dealer and they spoke to VW and they have agreed to give me a courtesy car until it arrives.
1.4TSI SENav Tungsten Silver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts