Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There has been this weird noise from my car which started about 3 months ago. Appears at anywhere below 3000 ish rpm with about 50% throttle input. It’s fairly audible at lower speeds, if the surroundings are reasonably quiet as well, but not so much at higher speeds (above 50 mph). The car is a T-Cross, it will be replaced by the tig which is on order, but just wanted to try sort this issue as this forum has a lot of people and tiguans have the same engine anyways. I have posted the link for a youtube video. I have taken the car to the dealer 3 times now and every time, they were said they couldn’t hear it. I have changed fuel from E10 unleaded to E5 Super unleaded as well, but no difference. Any help on this, as to what it could be, would be helpful.
- best watched with headphones to better hear the noise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Honestly, can't hear s**t on this video and I'm very allergic to DSG noises :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, can't hear s**t on this video and I'm very allergic to DSG noises :D
I don’t think it’s a DSG issue. I’ve gotten a reply from a member in another forum who thinks it might be crankshaft bearings that are knocking. Will have to see though as it hasn’t gotten worse nor has it disappeared, the noise has stayed pretty much the same. :cry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts