Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
Very close to my first 1k mileage reading so thought I should share my findings to date.
As mentioned in a previous post, like many others on this forum I have owned and driven many cars in the past ( some 45 years!) but after just three weeks driving I can honestly say that this is the best one. So for those people who are anxiously awaiting build and collection....don't think you will be dissapointed in your decision.
The car is so comfortable, quiet, and easy to drive. The ACC , Lane Assit, LED lights, Info Centre all make for a relaxed drive and transport...in fact I would suggest that regular stops be taken on long drives in case you fall asleep at the wheel......Although I read somewhere that the technology fitted even this is taken care of....but don't try it !!!

Mpg now up to 44 to 45 which I am happy with...mainly rural and some motorway. Have been using Android Auto via connected mobile and useful for texts using the voice command...will stick with using the Info for Sat Nav etc.
Happy with driving performance to date on both rural and motorway...but haven't needed to floor it yet in sport mode or used the paddle shifts..so will try later on some quiet roads.
In regard to the LED lights. When driving out of town ( with street lights) then entering a dark unlit narrow road (as I do regularly) with no vehicles coming the other way, and lights on automatic, I can travel a little to far for my liking before they react to main beam ahead. Does anyone agree ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dave, if I read you correctly, you are saying you think the car is slow to put the main beam on, when conditions allow. I would agree with you but It seems quick to alter the individual LEDs it's made winter driving more enjoyable so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tig16.
When leaving a road with above Street lights and headlights set to auto and driving above 37mph sometimes the main beam to light the distance ahead can take a while to react . On roads that I am not used to I have on occasions switched to main beam manually.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dave said:
Hi Tig16.
When leaving a road with above Street lights and headlights set to auto and driving above 37mph sometimes the main beam to light the distance ahead can take a while to react . On roads that I am not used to I have on occasions switched to main beam manually.[/

Yes, I've done the same as you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts