Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, now I've sorted the spare wheel (Or lack off) in the Bi-Turbo, I've ruled that one out. The spare for me is a deal breaker.
It's been suggested I look at the 180 TSi DSG.

So, I would appreciate any info from 180 TSI DSG owners on here. What would you say are the pros/cons in your experience's.
Any mini reviews.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
180 tsi dsg is quite nippy though can sound a little harsh if you really try to push it hard and dsg can be a bit hesitant in changing down the gears when you want to turn off onto a side rd say but you have the paddles on the steering wheel if you need them .
Car is nice and quiet in normal use and quite a relaxing drive and comfortable on the standard 19" wheels .
Not as econical as the diesels but driven sensibly you'll get into the 30s mpg .
More for low mileage drivers I would say .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Agree with Bigal, in all what he says only difference I have the r line so 20" wheels I find them ok but I'm coming from 18" low pro on a hard set up. Engine very quite, a bit throaty when you floor it but nothing outrageous, I'm happy with going petrol as mileage should be no more than 12,000 in my first year then under 9,000 when I calm down a bit :lol: :lol: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Depends what you are used to but the thing that put me off is that it is considerably worse on fuel than my old 2.0 litre turbo petrol audi a5.

The a5 was 25mpg ave... (44 combined on paper).

Tig is 38mpg on paper for the petrol... so in reality that will be really low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Also, why do you want a spare? The tyres tend to be special seal tyres. Mine happened to come with a spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My mileage is low and i've been in some very refined diesels but they are still diesels and it shows.
I have no real need for them unless they are higher end performance wise.

A self sealing tire will only seal so much. If it gets a proper slash/tear (happened before)
Then its no good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
PWVWT2017 said:
Depends what you are used to but the thing that put me off is that it is considerably worse on fuel than my old 2.0 litre turbo petrol audi a5.

The a5 was 25mpg ave... (44 combined on paper).

Tig is 38mpg on paper for the petrol... so in reality that will be really low.
I'm driving an SEL 2.0TSI (180PS) manual gearbox and getting 30mpg pottering about, 37mpg on longer drives, both figures on mix of roads (not congested urban or city traffic). The Tig is more frugal than my previous Audi Q5 2.0TFSI (215PS). I'm pleased with the performance and the fuel efficiency. I'm not heavy footed but I don't hang about either. I routinely drive on 'Sport' rather than 'Normal' mode because I find 'Normal' mode relatively unresponsive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
billc47 said:
PWVWT2017 said:
Depends what you are used to but the thing that put me off is that it is considerably worse on fuel than my old 2.0 litre turbo petrol audi a5.

The a5 was 25mpg ave... (44 combined on paper).

Tig is 38mpg on paper for the petrol... so in reality that will be really low.
I'm driving an SEL 2.0TSI (180PS) manual gearbox and getting 30mpg pottering about, 37mpg on longer drives, both figures on mix of roads (not congested urban or city traffic). The Tig is more frugal than my previous Audi Q5 2.0TFSI (215PS). I'm pleased with the performance and the fuel efficiency. I'm not heavy footed but I don't hang about either. I routinely drive on 'Sport' rather than 'Normal' mode because I find 'Normal' mode relatively unresponsive.
That is interesting. I had the 180bhp version a5... was really bad on fuel. I was in congestion a lot. 260 miles before the petrol light would come on.

In my diesel now I get 425 miles and the petrol light still isnt on plus the tiggy has smaller tank. Unbelievable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not only are official mpg figures all over the place, so are driving styles.
I once had a 2.5 focus st. I was getting 27mpg not hanging about but i know of someone who struggled to hit 20.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
PWVWT2017 said:
billc47 said:
PWVWT2017 said:
Depends what you are used to but the thing that put me off is that it is considerably worse on fuel than my old 2.0 litre turbo petrol audi a5.

The a5 was 25mpg ave... (44 combined on paper).

Tig is 38mpg on paper for the petrol... so in reality that will be really low.
I'm driving an SEL 2.0TSI (180PS) manual gearbox and getting 30mpg pottering about, 37mpg on longer drives, both figures on mix of roads (not congested urban or city traffic). The Tig is more frugal than my previous Audi Q5 2.0TFSI (215PS). I'm pleased with the performance and the fuel efficiency. I'm not heavy footed but I don't hang about either. I routinely drive on 'Sport' rather than 'Normal' mode because I find 'Normal' mode relatively unresponsive.
That is interesting. I had the 180bhp version a5... was really bad on fuel. I was in congestion a lot. 260 miles before the petrol light would come on.

In my diesel now I get 425 miles and the petrol light still isnt on plus the tiggy has smaller tank. Unbelievable.
Agree the A5 is bad on fuel. I had the 170bhp 1.8TFSI. 200 miles for a tank when driving around town. I have got 300 miles on the first tank of Diesel on the Tiggie around town. Should improve a bit once the engine is run in .
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top