Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

After a few years in a petrol Arteon I bought an Allspace for my growing family. It’s a 21 plate Allspace (so old style) with the 190 Diesel engine.

I am wondering if it’s possible to make it sound better somehow. Sounds fine at lower revs but over 2.5-3k it’s not nice. Seems to like hanging there before changing gears too which winds me up hah :) It’s a low down growl but sounds a bit rough.

I’ve got an old 1.9 TDI golf and that’s fine. You get a bit more turbo and air intake sound which drowns out the growl. Also compared to my mates Audi A4 (a few years old) the Tiguan sounds like a bag of spanner’s.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Surprisingly, on my diesel tig, I noticed it a lot quieter on a change of fuel! Used to fill up with the cheapest, very often tescos own. One day, in need of filling up and far from tescos, I filled at texaco, didn't immediately clock how much quieter, but noticed it was a bit better mpg, so stuck with texaco.

Then one day was tempted back by a tescos 10p off offer. Very quickly realised it sounded a lot gruffer. Switched back to texaco and a happy bunny.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep i have to agree with @Tricky, my previous Tig was a 19 plate Allspace SEL (150 diesel) and noticed exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Always best to use a premium fuel supplier and not to use supermarket fuel.
Even though some say the fuel is the same that is absolute rubbish.
The premium fuels have better additives which are in turn better for your engine and combust cleaner.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I usually buy supermarket fuel but I always put in some Millers fuel additives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts