Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im after some suggestions. My car has a Gen3 Glass coat applied and im unsure what shampoo to use. I need a mild shampoo, but which one? I dont want to wreck the glasscoat. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
610 Posts
This weeks auto express is covering what is best for cleaning your car, for shampoo there saying the Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner is top?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would speak to your detailer.

mine give me a bottle of wash included in the price of the ceramic coating

·
Registered
125 Posts
They do their own shampoo on their website at what appears to be a reasonable price.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sistig said:
They do their own shampoo on their website at what appears to be a reasonable price.
Yeah i had a look at that before. I was just after something from a shop for now. I know afew people have posted they have a similar coating.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
I haven't got the Gen 3 glass coat Viper88, but I was informed by a detailer that this is good & will not strip my wax coating....I have used it for a few years now. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Google this
zymol car shampoo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gyeon Q2m Bathe is a good choice for cars with ceramic or properly sealed cars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use zymol auto wash

http://www.zymol.com/autowash.aspx

This is completely free from artificial additives :D, this means it won't strip anything that has already been laid down. It also leaves you and your car smelling of bananas. Seriously it is really good stuff, used it for a while now and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Used Zymol shampoo & Polish for a few years. Gives a good coating

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. Ive had to go with Autoglym Ph neutral shampoo and condition for now. Nothing really stands out for this market. Il have alook into the suggestions.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not its first wash, but in need to some advice regarding interior - what do you use for the dashboard - Wife bought some dashboard wipes that are supposed to leave a shiny finish and after she had used them it looked streaked more than shiny.

Do Autoglymn do an interior dashboard cleaner as haven't seen one at the local Halfords?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Andy,
I wipe my interior plastics with a solution of Autoglym car shampoo/conditioner (the green liquid) which is the same as I use for the body. Dry with a microfibre cloth. Hate shiny dashboards!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks Niggly - I'll try that - the shiny interior wipes wasn't my idea :D :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Andy, I use this which was recommended by my detailer and does a good job with no unwanted shine.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bhuna said:
Not its first wash, but in need to some advice regarding interior - what do you use for the dashboard - Wife bought some dashboard wipes that are supposed to leave a shiny finish and after she had used them it looked streaked more than shiny.

Do Autoglymn do an interior dashboard cleaner as haven't seen one at the local Halfords?
Autoglym do a vinyl and rubber care it's really good stuff and sold at Halfords leaves a good natural finish and quiet reasonable price

·
Registered
627 Posts
Thanks TFH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts