Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm still 2 or 3 weeks away and wondering what MPG people are getting and should i be worried?

Thanks

Andy

G

·
I have the same car. Done about 1700mls. Initially mpg was around 25 but now averages about 33/34 on mainly rural roads. Steady m/way cruising at 70 gives about 36 and I have seen 40 at lower speeds. Had hoped for better but should improve as the miles build.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Mine's pretty much the same as Matchbox.

Steve

·
Registered
147 Posts
I routinely get 31/32 mpg pottering about and see 35/36 mpg easily on journeys of 4 miles or so on mix of rural & uncongested urban roads. Longer journeys using dual carriageways & motorways averaging 55/65 mph return 40-42 mpg. I'm not heavy footed but don't dawdle either ;) but enjoy the flexibility afforded by retirement and avoid rush hour start stop congestion. I routinely drive with 'Sports' mode selected since I find 'Normal' somewhat turgid and as far as I can tell it does not impact on fuel economy. I also routinely use 'Super' fuel and am happy with what I perceive to be improved mpg and perhaps agility (I know lots of people will argue about the benefits of 'Super' fuel but it's what is on the petrol filler label so I take it VW recommend it - I've tried 'Standard' fuel, compared the performance and I'm satisfied with the ROI of the 'Super' fuel :shock: ).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi ACS, I have found that once i had got 4500 miles on the clock my MPG improved by around 4 to 5 miles. Before that on a short stop start journey I was getting around 28 to 30 but now easy around 32 + on the same journey. But I find the smoothness and quitness of this engine is a big bonus :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
FTT said:
But I find the smoothness and quitness of this engine is a big bonus :D
Absolutely agree. Had two VAG TDI's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, MPG looks OK and pretty much what I expected. I'm looking forward to a Petrol after last 3 Diesels, most recently a Landrover so the TSI MPG will be an improvement for me :lol:

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
I once owned a Kia Sorento 2.5 diesel, and it didn't matter how you drove it you'd get 25mpg every time. So my 2.0 Tsi certainly beats that! ;)

Steve

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm about 1000 miles deep and in the 29/30mpg zone still, but this is almost no motorway driving (I choose to take the twisty roads wherever possible)

I love watching the "live" MPG change depending what my right foot is doing - over 300 when coasting, and single digits when my foot is flat

·
Registered
953 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
I'm about 1000 miles deep and in the 29/30mpg zone still, but this is almost no motorway driving (I choose to take the twisty roads wherever possible)

I love watching the "live" MPG change depending what my right foot is doing - over 300 when coasting, and single digits when my foot is flat
Just to make you feel better, I was driving a Audi rs5 recently and the average I was getting was 7 miles gallon, unfurtunty the r8+ I drove just after I could not find the mpg settings as I wanted to drive rather than play with settings

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine did about 42 mpg on its first 190 mile run from the dealer. Seems to average about 35mpg on the daily 15 mile steady run to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts