Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the fare out?
Are they noisier than the 19's on the R Line?
Do they tramline?
I am changing my car this year and am anxious to get the 20's specd into it but somr friends say 20's will ruin the ride of it.

Opinions?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi there all UK spec RLine vehicles come with 20" alloys

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
neelytom said:
Hi there all UK spec RLine vehicles come with 20" alloys
Irish Rline spec come with 19's as standard.
20's are option along with lower suspension.
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 20s on an R line. The whole car is way nice than the ride I had on 18s on the previous car. I wouldn't hesitate to get the 20s unless you have some seriously nasty bumps to attend to everyday.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi vectra
My r line highline has 19 inch - very quiet. Decent ride and think they look good - can see a pic in members gallery...just in case you want to put the extra cash into some other spec...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've got the 20s continental on the r line.
I think the UK tends to have continentals or Pirelli.
It does look right for the size/shape of the car.
but I hate to think about replacing them..

The ride is comfy enough, a touch softer than the X4 msport suspension with 20s wheels

·
Registered
390 Posts
Got 20" wheels on a sport chassis with Pirelli's - pictures in the gallery

Rides firm but not harsh (if you like the soft "Landi" ride you won't like it) makes the car quite handleable through the twisty bits but a smooth cruiser on A & M ways; even those under repair.

I looked at the replacement cost and they are not too bad but I think I would save myself some cash and not select the self-healing types as there is a spare.

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
610 Posts
Fully agree with Earl on what he say,s above

·
Registered
182 Posts
chocolatewally said:
I have 20s on an R line. The whole car is way nice than the ride I had on 18s on the previous car. I wouldn't hesitate to get the 20s unless you have some seriously nasty bumps to attend to everyday.
Agree. I had the previous R Line with 18s. much nicer ride on the new one ...

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just a ditty.
I see the latest Renault Scenic comes with 20's only right through out the range, but with a higher wall than the R Line.
Not sure how it would look but would have liked a higher wall than they are, less chance of kerbing :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ha - 20" alloys (low profile) and kerbing :( now that is a problem with any large diameter low profile tyre

Don't know why :oops: but anyone got a paint code for the grey Miramars. :?:

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my opinion the 20 inch alloys on the Tiguan suit the car. They don't look that big as fill up the arches nicely.

With regards to the ride, it is lovely. It does not crash over potholes and the car does not lean much in corners. Actually feels very stable for a big car. I've just given my Golf R and M135i back so have some idea of good/bad ride quality experiences. Obviously, if you really are going off road then avoid them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts