Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ,I have a 2017 vw tiguan with display dials I would like to know if it is possible to retrofit to LCD display that is an option in the range.? I have found a used display unit on eBay, I hope the following questions can be answered 1) Will it fit (2)Are there any other cables to buy ie: optical? (3) Who can do the final set up VAG. (4) Am I waiting my time a and money?Thank you

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would be surprised if this was a straight forward swap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the unit is coded with the VIN and mileage data of the car and possibly options too. Personally I wouldn't try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's a 99 per cent that it's not a straight swop, and I'd say a impossible one, as Audi once said to me "part chop your car" and that was just for a radio change?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would say you have two options:

Sell the car privately and buy another privately, or,
Live with the analogue instruments (which is the most sensible, you're not missing much).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update: Kufatech has the AID for sale, brand new, and quite frankly I am surprised at how cheap it is: https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/oem-parts-special-item/5na-920-791-a-instrument-cluster-active-info-display-aid-vw-tiguan-ad1

Comparing the analog cluster to the AID it is clear that they use the same main connector (red), however the AID has a secondary (possibly fiber-optic) connector (yellow). It would be unlikely that VW included that second connector on cars with an Analog cluster, which would make retrofitting AID rather difficult and costly. Some folks have done the retrofit on a B8 passat, so it certainly is possible.

I am waiting to hear back from Kufatec regarding the retrofit and will update this thread accordingly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi from greece
its so easy to retrofit the cluster. i made at offcial vw service.
they made like a new cluster and coding all right!

·
Registered
29 Posts
terris said:
hi from greece
its so easy to retrofit the cluster. i made at offcial vw service.
they made like a new cluster and coding all right!
how much did it cost? did you bought the necessary parts yourself? did you notice any ratles after the instalation?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts