Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I’m new to the forum and have a question;

I have an R Line Tiguan on order with a build month confirmed as January 2023. I have chosen the IQ light and Harmon Kardon sound system both of which have been removed from the options list after I ordered in February 2022. As the model will now be the 2023 version and there are a few new options available including the Black Style Pack which I would like to have. The dealer says that to add this they will need to get VW agreement asking them to keep the price protection and it could affect the build week or even remove the order entirely.

Are there any views on this? Would VW do this just for changing alloys and de-chroming some exterior parts?

I would like the black pack but don’t want to lose the IQ lights or sound system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
HI

I have an R Line Tiguan on order with a build month confirmed as January 2023. I have chosen the IQ light and Harmon Kardon sound system both of which have been removed from the options list after I ordered in February 2022. As the model will now be the 2023 version and there are a few new options available including the Black Style Pack which I would like to have. The dealer says that to add this they will need to get VW agreement asking them to keep the price protection and it could affect the build week or even remove the order entirely.

Are there any views on this? Would VW do this just for changing alloys and de-chroming some exterior parts?

I would like the black pack but don’t want to lose the IQ lights or sound system.

Thanks!
I would choose to get just get the parts wrapped and not jeopardise the order and extras you’ve chosen.

Also I personally prefer the alloys it comes with standard rather than the black ones.

You’d most likely lose any deposit contributions too

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
HI

Thanks!
Any new order and you will lose the IQ Lights and Harmon Kardon sound system. Is that worth it for the Black Style Pack? With an order placed last February it is unlikely they would change or add anything without putting you to the back of the queue.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Find it a little hard to believe it is a confirmed build date being that far out but who knows. You most prob have a provisional date which is a status 10 you’ll then get a status 20 (which can also move dates) and then will be 30 being built / built.

Reactions: nheather

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the OP just got told what most of us were told when we ordered and what we wanted to hear only having dates put back a month or so later.

As for ordering extras after so much time has passed like my 7 months and counting I sit and think to myself I should have order the reversing camera but then think no, no, no way I’m going to risk falling out of the waiting line and taking me god knows where, I don’t know where I am now never mind if I tinker with the order and putting the car in the dealers court.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think the OP just got told what most of us were told when we ordered and what we wanted to hear only having dates put back a month or so later.

As for ordering extras after so much time has passed like my 7 months and counting I sit and think to myself I should have order the reversing camera but then think no, no, no way I’m going to risk falling out of the waiting line and taking me god knows where, I don’t know where I am now never mind if I tinker with the order and putting the car in the dealers court.
Wouldn’t waste your money on the reversing camera, mine is awful

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts

I had 360 cameras on my R line Tech, but never looked at anything than the rear camera.
I have the rear camera only on my new allspace and am not missing a thing. PS. Quality is just fine

Reactions: Cruiser175

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wonder if this is going in all the MY23 models. Which should effectively be anything built from now on. (According to what my sale rep said about a month ago)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wonder if this is going in all the MY23 models. Which should effectively be anything built from now on. (According to what my sale rep said about a month ago)
I do appreciate that using the terms Volkswagen and common sense within the same context is pushing the boundary but these are my thoughts if common sense were to prevail.

If the MY23 involves a change to an existing part/feature then all cars built from now would have that change - examples would be the new 1.5 engines and the enhanced USB sockets.

But if the MY23 involves the deletion of an option for a particular trim, but that option or feature still exists on other trims then the original order will be honoured. But any new orders will not be able to select that option.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
309 Posts
Better than looking at the average police CCTV release quality reverse camera 😂
Mine is fine. Perhaps the 150ps doesn’t have enough power to run it properly 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: Sparkie1984

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mine is fine. Perhaps the 150ps doesn’t have enough power to run it properly 🥸
😂

Well my crappy taxi van is super duper quality and that has the build quality of an Amazon box that’s got wet and been hit by 5 hours of M25 traffic.
Urban design Fixture Road surface Rectangle Tints and shades

·
Registered
309 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: CUK and Sparkie1984
1 - 20 of 27 Posts