·
Registered
307 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
HI

I’m new to the forum and have a question;

I have an R Line Tiguan on order with a build month confirmed as January 2023. I have chosen the IQ light and Harmon Kardon sound system both of which have been removed from the options list after I ordered in February 2022. As the model will now be the 2023 version and there are a few new options available including the Black Style Pack which I would like to have. The dealer says that to add this they will need to get VW agreement asking them to keep the price protection and it could affect the build week or even remove the order entirely.

Are there any views on this? Would VW do this just for changing alloys and de-chroming some exterior parts?

I would like the black pack but don’t want to lose the IQ lights or sound system.

Thanks!
I placed my order for an R-Line with options of IQ Lights and reversing camera on 1 November 2021. The most recent update is for a build week of week 46 this year. I was told at the time of ordering that once VW accept your order, you are locked in and cannot change the specification unless you relinquish your order and start again.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I placed my order for an R-Line with options of IQ Lights and reversing camera on 1 November 2021. The most recent update is for a build week of week 46 this year. I was told at the time of ordering that once VW accept your order, you are locked in and cannot change the specification unless you relinquish your order and start again.
I have experienced exactly this threat from my dealer. I would say that it is a deliberate tactic as it has certainly been possible to change specs in the past without any adverse impacts. In fact I changed the spec on my current car several times after I had placed the order, didn’t create a new order, didn’t change the terms of my deal, didn’t change the delivery schedule.

When I say deliberate tactic, VW and dealers really do not like having 12 month old price-protected orders on their books, they would love for them to be cancelled or renegotiated. They would love to renege on the price-protection but to date have not had the balls. So if they get a whiff of someone wanting to change the spec they see it as an opportunity to renegotiate the order.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
2023 changes:

The changes are;

New standard specification:
- U9E: Increased charging performance for USB-C ports in the front and centre console in the rear
– All trims New options: - WBS: Black Style Pack (R-Line trim only)
Deletions: - P8P8 Kings Red
Engines change:
- 1.5TSI 150PS Manual (AX**BX) to 1.5TSI 150PS Manual (AX**CX) EVO 2 engine – Co2/ technical data subject to change
– 1.5TSI 150PS DSG (AX**BZ) to 1.5TSI 150PS DSG (AX**CZ) EVO 2 engine – Co2/ technical data subject to change

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have experienced exactly this threat from my dealer. I would say that it is a deliberate tactic as it has certainly been possible to change specs in the past without any adverse impacts. In fact I changed the spec on my current car several times after I had placed the order, didn’t create a new order, didn’t change the terms of my deal, didn’t change the delivery schedule.

When I say deliberate tactic, VW and dealers really do not like having 12 month old price-protected orders on their books, they would love for them to be cancelled or renegotiated. They would love to renege on the price-protection but to date have not had the balls. So if they get a whiff of someone wanting to change the spec they see it as an opportunity to renegotiate the order.

Cheers,

Nigel
You could well be right. I have no desire to change spec. ( I might have done if the colour range was better) but I note that IQ. Lights are no longer an option for R-Lines for new orders. I hope VW don’t say that I can’t have them on my build.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You could well be right. I have no desire to change spec. ( I might have done if the colour range was better) but I note that IQ. Lights are no longer an option for R-Lines for new orders. I hope VW don’t say that I can’t have them on my build.
If you’ve already ordered you’ll get the lights

21 - 27 of 27 Posts