Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For many reasons I'm not a fan of linking my phone to the car, so looking to see all possible alternatives to music options. I've got the Cubic Telecom subscription.

Two parts to this question -

1 - Does anyone know if there is a way to get any other "built in" music players (other than Tidal)? I know Apple is there as standard but is it possible to install Spotify or any other?

2 - Main reason for this is when searching artists you don't know you can't see a list of albums/top songs as you would on the Apple Music app. The interface is pretty bad unless you know exactly what you want to play. Would be good if you could click on the artist or album name and select a song. No way I can see a list of songs on an album.....

Thanks folks!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Pretty sure the only current way to get Spotify into the car is either via Android Auto / Apple car play apps, or streaming via Bluetooth from your phone. It did baffle me why VW turned to Tidal rather than Spotify for their built in music app (or at least give the user the choice), but I guess it's down to whatever financial deal VW struck with the music streaming companies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to be money related. I've never actually tried Tidal so it might be worth a look I suppose. Thought there may be a way to sideload an app, but probably void warranty if I did.

Not just VW, but so many companies fall short on little touches. The one that really annoys me on the digital cockpit display is that you can't choose speed and a custom display. To have speed you have to have "auto" which means gears in the other display. No way to get speed - maps -music selection.

So close but so far 😂

·
Registered
55 Posts
My guess why they chose Tidal is because they no longer fit a CD player and tidal are one of the very few that offer CD quality streaming? (spotify currently does not)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The one that really annoys me on the digital cockpit display is that you can't choose speed and a custom display. To have speed you have to have "auto" which means gears in the other display. No way to get speed - maps -music selection.
Have you tried customizing views 1-3 through the infotainment system?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried customizing views 1-3 through the infotainment system?

Yeah, still doesn't do it sadly. In classic you can have speed mph/kph reading as digits but no option for that in custom views.... not a huge issue but seems like a big oversight for an easy fix.

Thanks for trying though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts