Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tiggys telling me that there's 26 days left till first service, now I have the service plan so it's not going to cost the earth but with just over 5000 mile on the clock and it's not a year old till October, I will be doing a 2000 mile round trip the end of august do I send tiggy in and get it serviced before I go or wait till I get back then send it in for service then?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I would get it serviced. I'm guessing the car is counting from the date of manufacture rather than when you received it.
As far as I am aware, the first service is just an oil and filter change .
You say it won't cost the earth- but I thought the service plan covered the cost of the first two services?

·
Registered
555 Posts
26 days would take you to the end of July/early August, so definitely get it booked in. It must be altering the service date based on short journeys or oil condition.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Cars aren't clever enough yet to analyse their own oil- although I'm sure it's coming!
My previous car was the same. The service was annual (ie time based rather than distance) and the service reminder counting down from the day it was first powered up (ie manufactured).
The dealer did not reset it at the PDI so it was telling me my service was due too early. I just had it serviced at the one year mark and they reset it then.
In your case- given the distance you intend to cover, I would have it done sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just got back from the garage were I had the car from, the service desk said don't worry I have till October or 10000 miles, leave it till I get back home for the service
Can't wait for them to ring me now for the service? Then I can ask them to pick the car up and bring me a temp car?? I can see the answer now "yes sir we're can we pick it up from" just east of Malaga spain :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Did they tell you how to disable the service reminder nag in the meantime?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's connection to the computer though vcds , but I'm not going to worry about that at this point
But I'll get you to put the kettle on when we get to Portsmouth

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'll give a wave.
Have a safe journey and hope Tig behaves!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts