Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry in advance for the long introduction.

I've had a few VW's over the years - Touran, Passat and a couple of MK7 Golfs. My last 15 plate Golf was a disaster, after 14,000 miles it ended up with a new engine and DSG box, after repair I still wasn't convinced that it was running well so I traded it in. The garage absorbed my negative equity due to my issued and I chose a MK1 R-Line 184bhp which was just under a year old.

I have had back surgery in 2009 and the reason for choosing the Tiguan was the upright driving position, heated seats, DSG box and it had a bit of oomph. I was a little apprehensive about the firmness of the ride having previously owned as S-Line A4 which was a nightmare for my back, I had 2 long test drives and things seems OK. My back was a little dodgy at the time anyway so it was hard to tell if anything was going to be an issue. After a week I was crippled, the electric lumbar no matter where I set it seemed to press in to the metalwork in my back, agony. The thing that convinced me that the R-Line wasn't for me was when I borrowed a Sharan SE and it was like putting a comfy pair of slippers on, as soon as I sat back in my car even before putting the key in the ignition my back was hurting.

I had already mentioned the 30 day exchange option in case the car didn't suit my back and decided to use the option, I didn't realise that I could only change to something they had in stock rather than nationally. I only ended up with one option a MK2 16 plate SE Nav - no heated seats, manual box and only 2 wheel drive, but I had to take it.

I've had the car since Wednesday and the difference in comfort and ride is amazing, getting used to having a manual again and have it booked it on Monday to have a heated seat installed which is the major thing to help my back.

Fingers crossed for this one!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Empathise with your back issues.
I have the Tig, dsg and heated seats for similar reasons!

Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Should have added...

The standard 18" 55 (relatively high profile these days!) tyres on my SE N also seem to help.

Tried an R line, not for me!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Like wise here got the DSG and heated seats for an old mans back after being hit by a 14 Tonne truck some years ago it's a must for me :D :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
i too have had some back problems , but i must say i was a bit apprehensive about the tiguans seats before delivery as i thought through looking at pictures of the seats they looked a bit basic, but i personally find them to be really good and supportive without being overly so like you may find in some cars with sports seats and find the car with DSG to be a really relaxing drive .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the comments, picked my car up from having the heated seat fitted and they make the world of difference for me.

Loving this Tiguan much more than the last one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts