Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on this forum know the location of the 2nd USB port? That came in week 45. A picture would be handy but not essential. TIA.

·
Registered
176 Posts
No one has reported having a second yet. Mine is week 48 and only has the one. Be interesting to see if they start arriving with a second port as per the brochure but when I ordered mine in august a second was pictured so may just be a mis print and they may not be added until the my2018 or never at all?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for that. Maybe i can just replace the facia panel of wherever it is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think in the rear central console below the heating controls.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine was build week 49 - was meant to have a 2nd - but doesn't!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great spot thanks guys.

Looks like i will wait to see if the rear 12v is a prem live. If not this adapter has had good reviews for sitting flush and allowing the cover to close over the top of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought a Griffin 2 x USB off Ebay that looks the same as the one in the image above for £1.79 delivered. ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Viper88 said:
Great spot thanks guys.

Looks like i will wait to see if the rear 12v is a prem live.
It is not.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Guys, you need to be careful when buying a Griffin power adaptor, as they are notorious for being faked. Griffin have issued a warning and a way to check if it's genuine. ;)

https://griffintechnology.com/us/counterfeit

Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
That looks really useful, I have something similar in my gti, but yours looks neater?
Link please?

·
Registered
96 Posts
seanvdv said:
Paul, have you got this one? Does your 12v flap close with it plugged in because mine does not...

Cheers,
I don't know about the flap covering it as I don't have the car yet. I will check the link to see if it is a fake, it does look the same as the image.. Not even tried it yet, so it may not even work lol.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would be very careful with these dual USBs from Viper88 posts as they are cheap Chinese items. Personally I wouldn't plug anything valuable to it and wouldn't install it in the 30k price band car.
I know, it just converts 12v into 5V USB but you are at risk plugging your newest £600+ Galaxy or iPhone to it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts