Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wonder if anyone else is having the same issues?

I get 3 faults all appearing randomly, but far too often for my liking....

Fault 1 - the emissions amber warning light pops up for a few days and then disappears as if it was never there. It doesn't correlate to anything obvious (washing car, refuelling, etc...)
Fault 2&3 always appear together. These are the front assist being unavailable and traction control (asr) being deactivated. Odd that they're combined but these faults appear for a few minutes at a time and very regularly. Again, no obvious correlation to anything... the other day I did a 6 mile round trip and these faults must have appeared / disappeared 10+ times!

It's booked in in a couple of weeks but just wondered if anyone else had encountered them?

Mines a 2wd 2.0 tdi 150 BMT

Cheers

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My previous car (Citroen C4 Picasso) developed a whole series of seemingly unrelated errors the day after I got it home. This was down to a failed 'brain' in the main display screen- a known fault. Yours could be due to component failure, loose connectors or possibly low battery volts. Does your stop/start work? This is usually the first victim of low battery volts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't use stop start a lot but last time I used it, it was fine. My regular commute is mostly free flowing so there's not much opportunity to test it with.

I've seen via another forum that the front assist may relate to the badge which houses the front sensor, but how that relates to the traction control I've no idea. Seems far too coincidental to be separate issues, although I think the emissions control lamp is a different problem.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have just Emailed VW about the position of the front sensor because every time it rains they become disabled!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorted this out in the garage, they tested it all and worked out it was a faulty heater control unit. Bizarre why it would impact these three systems, but they replaced it and it's been spot on since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts