Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which 4MOTION mode do you guys use for driving in rainy weather? Snow or just "On road"?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never been to Croatia - but it rains quite a lot here in in most of the UK; and in Cornwall (far SW UK - where I live) it rains a LOT!

I just use "normal road - 4 motion"....what ever that is, in terms of drive split etc.
The increase in grip/traction versus my (ludicrously overpowered) front wheel drive Golf Gti is really very, very noticeable, and gives a real confidence boost when pressing on on wet & muddy roads.

On the other hand, we almost never see snow, and rarely ice or even frost.

Doesn't this latest traction control system, with the snow setting have some sort of cadence braking effect, that enhances stopping distances by building up a wedge of snow under the wheels. I think it might leave the brakes "on longer" in the ABS cycle. Worth reading the manual I guess?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi A319,
from your signature I conclude that you colected the car?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had some unusually heavy rain here a few days ago and threw the car into "Snow" since it was aquaplaning a bit on the road and it helped. Not really had to think about it for the past 6 weeks or so of ownership. it's handled like a dream.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zele said:
Hi A319,
from your signature I conclude that you colected the car?
Hi Zele,

Sorry for the late reply, I was in Split with the Tig last week actually! ;)

I ended up buying a dealer demo car instead of waiting for my order. The demo car was 4M + it had all the extras except the sunroof, and as I was really starting to doubt my 2WD order, the decision was made in one hour... :)

I'm really loving the car so far!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts