Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe this has been covered and iv missed it, im awaiting delivery of a 150bhp 4motion manual and interested in mpg returns. iv a 2000/2500klm trip planned shortly after I get it and would be great to have some real world figures to do some calculations with.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
On a longish run (Portsmouth to London) the car shows 57mpg.
My long term average which is commuting and local trips is showing as 47mpg.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
dsg but 4 motion and 150 tdi and echo above. About 57-60 on a run, 40 around town and 45-50 overall

·
Registered
953 Posts
niggly58 said:
On a longish run (Portsmouth to London) the car shows 57mpg.
My long term average which is commuting and local trips is showing as 47mpg.
Hope this helps.
What fuel u using supermarket or other?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If others are getting 45-50mpg I'll be delighted if I get the same. My 1.5dci Renault Megane Estate was only getting about 54mpg. 45-50 on a much heavier 4x4 I think compares really well.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
As mentioned in one of my other posts miket, I only use Shell Nitro Diesel in my cars.
I have always found it to perform better and run smoother. Despite it's slightly higher price, the mpg is improved slightly- and on balance the benefits outweigh the increased cost in my view.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I'm really surprised it's that high. ATM I'm getting 25 town driving and 36 max in my merc with 30/31 the average so hoping il notice an extra huge 15mpg easily. Awesome

·
Registered
953 Posts
niggly58 said:
As mentioned in one of my other posts miket, I only use Shell Nitro Diesel in my cars.
I have always found it to perform better and run smoother. Despite it's slightly higher price, the mpg is improved slightly- and on balance the benefits outweigh the increased cost in my view.
OK OK I'm getting old I forgot, or should I say just testing you to see if your memorys worse than mine :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Niggly58/Winrya, out of interest, what are you tyre pressures? Wondering what your perfect combo is...

Sean

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The car was delivered with 33psi (comfort pressure) but I changed it almost right away to 38psi. This is on standard 19 inch Pirelli tyres.
This gives better handling in my opinion and may help fuel consumption.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cheers niggly58, mines on comfort too so I'll change it and see what difference it makes. Also have the pirellis and will need as much mileage out of them as possible.
Hope the potholes on the new pressure won't throw me out the sunroof!

·
Registered
176 Posts
38 psi for me too on the 20's. Was delivered this way and as the ride is nice and smooth I've no bothered to lower them for more comfort

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cheers Winrya,
That will be something I do tomorrow when I get home. Tank should also be empty enough to fill up with the shell power which I assume is the new name for shell nitro...

Sean

·
Registered
115 Posts
I also noticed once the car done around 4-5k miles, it loosen up a bit and my mpg improved.

my best runs so far is 10 miles per 1 litre fuel (real consumption at pump) = 45.46 mpg. trip computer says around 50 mpg

·
Registered
953 Posts
hmrc804 said:
I also noticed once the car done around 4-5k miles, it loosen up a bit and my mpg improved.

my best runs so far is 10 miles per 1 litre fuel (real consumption at pump) = 45.46 mpg. trip computer says around 50 mpg
I just wonder if this could be a bit of the VW emissions creeping into other areas 45/46 mpg true and trip saying 50 mpg, I know they say the trip is just a guide but why not guide you low say 41 mpg then you'd try harder to get more miles

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Last weekend I recorded my best ever fuel consumption.
Travelling to Ealing, London from Portsmouth with two passengers I recorded 65mpg there and 59mpg return (according to the car).
Interestingly, even though the car is only 9 months old- I had decided to replace the air filter with a MANN branded one from Eurocarparts. This is the same item without the VW branding, that is fitted as standard. Perhaps this had some influence on the figures- or the Shell VPower diesel?
Whatever the reason- it's pretty damn good for a car of this size.

·
Registered
261 Posts
On average I do a 28 mile trip to work across the Peak District hills, depending on the weather I get between low 40s to a max of 50., think the car average is about 44 over 9000 miles

·
Registered
115 Posts
niggly58 said:
Last weekend I recorded my best ever fuel consumption.
Travelling to Ealing, London from Portsmouth with two passengers I recorded 65mpg there and 59mpg return (according to the car).
Interestingly, even though the car is only 9 months old- I had decided to replace the air filter with a MANN branded one from Eurocarparts. This is the same item without the VW branding, that is fitted as standard. Perhaps this had some influence on the figures- or the Shell VPower diesel?
Whatever the reason- it's pretty damn good for a car of this size.
Its great to see around 60mpg, maybe that's the difference between manual and DSG.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts