Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

I finally got my Tiguan on Tuesday afternoon and until a few hours ago I had no chance to explore or even drive it. When I ordered back in December I didn't test drive or even sit in an R-Line. I just admired the exterior so much it was a done deal!

Loving all the tech it has and my OH is extremely jealous. His Black Edition A7 doesn't have half the stuff that my Tiggy has :lol:

Very, very happy so far. Now I know why you all love them so much on here!! I hope my happiness continues once I get some miles on the clock.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Woohoo! I bet you're over the moon :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Only the 5 months wait? :lol:

I pretty much went for the looks as well, only test drove an SE. Almost getting excited now as it's due for build in week 19. Maybe. :)

As for your other half's Audi...what can I say, went to the Audi showroom before I finally pressed the button on the Tiguan order and as lovely as Audi's are I didn't see anything to change my mind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am over the moon, even more so than I thought I would be. I just can't find the time to get out in it for long enough. There is going to be some mileage piling up this weekend!! I'm like an excited child.

Regarding the Audi I think the quality of materials is certainly a step up in his car but his cost nearly double mine so I should hope so. When I looked at the Q5 I could not believe how old the interior was and just not what I expected especially for the price. My OH said there is a new one out now so I guess that is a step up inside but I doubt it has all the gadgets and gizmos as standard like the Tiggy ;)

I had a drive last night and love everything so far. The diesel is a bit more gruff and vibrates a fair bit under load than my Scirocco ever did with the same engine. I weren't expecting that to resonate through to the cabin if I'm honest. I appreciate it is a heavier car to get moving.

·
Registered
485 Posts
becs said:
I had a drive last night and love everything so far. The diesel is a bit more gruff and vibrates a fair bit under load than my Scirocco ever did with the same engine. I weren't expecting that to resonate through to the cabin if I'm honest. I appreciate it is a heavier car to get moving.
Hi Becs. Congratulations on your new best friend :lol:

From other posts, it sounds like the engine settles down as it runs in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info on the diesel rattle. I am hoping it calms down as the mileage builds.

Like c_w said, it is strange that the diesel refinement seems to be a weakness on such a new car and loads newer platform than my old one. It's the only step backwards so far though :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I test drove a manual 150 and it whilst it was much smoother/quieter overall than my 57reg A3 TDI (not saying much!!) it's still behind rivals like the Tucson, X1, Q3 etc. Which is odd because the Q3 shares engines and drivetrain and is an "older" car but I thought the TDI Sline I test drove was more refined.

DSG helps a little with perceived refinement though IMO. There is definitely a way to drive the manual TDIs to mask the lack of refinement though, particularly like not using too much revs when setting off etc.

But you're right the R-Line Tiguan definitely looks desireable and "right". It's just a shame the lesser models like the SE get pauper halogen headlights as the front end looks completely different without the LED lights and chrome grill.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Breezer said:
becs said:
Hi Becs. Congratulations on your new best friend :lol:

From other posts, it sounds like the engine settles down as it runs in.
I felt the same, had the 170 bhp cr version in my old a3 which felt much smoother. 3000 miles in however and the engine is now much more refined, never had a car where the engine has changed so much. Mpg almost doubled and performance has made a massive step too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a clue how I quote previous posts in my reply, sorry :oops:

c_ w .....Poor from VW really if a Hyundai Tucson (perceived by many to be a lesser brand imo) is more refined. I have been out today for a while and seem to be getting to used to the management of the throttle more and it does limit the vibrations and noise. I am starting to think there might be something wrong, the contrast is so much different to my Scirocco and I am surprised VW would develop a car with it like it is.

Winrya, great to hear that it has improved so much over the time you have had yours. Thanks for that, I will cross my fingers mine is the same!

·
Registered
182 Posts
These engines are not at their best between 0-20 mph even with dsg regarding noise. When the engine is warm it's quieter. I always find it seems much smoother and quieter when we've got warm weather. It's certainly a more refined car than the previous version of the Tiguan. There still isnt another car I'd prefer overall in its price range at the moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm on 4k miles now and the engine still sounds like it belongs in a tractor. Love the car otherwise. I've had a few diesels in the past and they have been more refined.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.