Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title really. The dealer went put my order in for an SEL in white with Miramar wheels and the 2.0 TSI 4motion 6 speed engine and was told by VW they have discontinued it on SEL and R-Line models!

Anyone else heard this? Seems you can still configure it on the website though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Correct, manual gearbox is discontinued. DSG gearbox is excellent and the way to go. If you really want to change gear yourself you still can with either the paddle or the gearshift

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm curious about your reasons for getting a manual over a DSG? what sort of driving will you be doing? Have you done a test drive of both?

My personal opinion (and this isn't me being critical) is that the DSG fits the character of the car more so than a manual. I've had my DSG 2.0 TSI SEL for 10 days now, and its a nice chilled place to be, especially with the SEL's heated massage seats :) not sure having to manually change gears would add to the experience

That said I agree that some of the available model / engine / gearbox / 4motion configurations are a bit restrictive, especially if you want a petrol

·
Registered
134 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
I'm curious about your reasons for getting a manual over a DSG? what sort of driving will you be doing? Have you done a test drive of both?

My personal opinion (and this isn't me being critical) is that the DSG fits the character of the car more so than a manual. I've had my DSG 2.0 TSI SEL for 10 days now, and its a nice chilled place to be, especially with the SEL's heated massage seats :) not sure having to manually change gears would add to the experience

That said I agree that some of the available model / engine / gearbox / 4motion configurations are a bit restrictive, especially if you want a petrol
Totally agree :D

Similarly why would you want 20" wheels on an SEL, just buy an R Line which also has sports suspension

1 - 4 of 4 Posts