Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a new Tiguan (2.0 diesel, SE Nav) and can't wait to collect in a few days time. We negotiated 15% off of list price, 2 services and a tank of diesel included.

However we've now clicked that 17 plates are available on 1st March, when we spoke to dealer we were told we have really good discount because of this and they couldn't offer the same discount on 17 plate.

I was just wondering if this sounds right?!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sounds correct to me. They wont give 15% off a brand new 17 plate car. Plus if you order one you would have to wait weeks / months for it to be built to your spec. Depends on your needs really and if the deal suits you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you, it's my first time of buying a brand new car and just wanted to check we're doing it right!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think with new cars, things like carwow would give that amount of discount if not more anyway.
so what you are really gaining here is to be able to pick up in few days time rather than factory order, but then it is 6 months older.

·
Registered
123 Posts
personally i wouldnt believe anything a car dealer told me , they have a tendancy to tell you what they think you want to believe
15% off a brand new tiguan that you can take delivery of in a few days with extras sounds good to me , autotrader is now rammed with nearly new tiguans
i would still bet you could walk into a vw dealership after 1st march and get the same or better deal
dont forget vw are still reeling from the dieselgate scam but in the uk sales are up due to heavy discounts

·
Registered
106 Posts
This new reg business is silly. Sounds good to me as you do not gave to wait. I am leasing so new reg. does not affect me at all. But at the same time reg snobbery is pathetic in my opinion, as long as the car is new (if you want a new car). Especially if you are keeping it for a long time too, 4 years plus.

Sounds a good saving. I personally would never buy a new car unless its on lease, but that sounds like a good deal.

Someone who drives out of the showroom in a 17 plate first week of March will lose a lot of money just as they get half way down the road.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gotiggygo said:
Hi,

I've just ordered a new Tiguan (2.0 diesel, SE Nav) and can't wait to collect in a few days time. We negotiated 15% off of list price, 2 services and a tank of diesel included.

However we've now clicked that 17 plates are available on 1st March, when we spoke to dealer we were told we have really good discount because of this and they couldn't offer the same discount on 17 plate.

I was just wondering if this sounds right?!
I think it is a really good deal, another thing to consider is if you have a part exchange they will reduce the value of that after March so you would be no better off waiting. VW could also reduce the deposit contributions.

You could try a couple of other dealers and see what deal they will over for a 17 plate, have you checked out the brokers Carfile or Drive the Deal?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I should have said we are doing it on PCP so I guess it doesn't matter too much as plan is to take it back in 3 yrs. We also got a good part ex offer, more than Ford offered and it's a Fiesta ( I may have told VW a white lie about how much Ford offered :D ) Think we will stick with taking it as due to be collected tomorrow-I.can't.wait!! Thanks again, this forum is really useful!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think you have done the right thing Gotiggygo, as you've said a good trade in. Me personally I always put my personal plate on & not bothered whether it is first out on the road with a new plate.
Being your first new car, don't let them at the dealership overwhelm you, stay cool and take your time to have a good check, look round & they explain in good detail and help in setting up your personal profile on the tig and then sign the doc's. Most of all enjoy the couple of hours hand over as you are the customer & don't worry on asking loads of questions ;) , how trivial. Looking forward to some pics once you're off cloud nine :lol: 'enjoy' :D :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah sounds right to me. Dealer that I have ordered from has a stack of Tiguans unregistered. Had them since Dec 16. Salesman says they will register them as 17 plates come March. Keeps their prices up!

Also told me that VW want them off of them due to demand, but they're hiding them away for themselves come the 17 plate.

Enjoy your new Tiggy!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts