Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The strangest thing thing happened there , got in car turned on and one after the other warning ping , hill hold function
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Stop start
Area assist
Parking sensors
Traction control
Abs
All showing faults and saying not functioning .
Major panic as you can imagine, turned off then back on and still same faults. I drove the car for about 5 miles then stopped and when I turned back on all was normal again .
Sorry for the long story but I kinda find it worrying that so much faults at once . Has anyone experienced this ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Trip to Dealer methinks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
When my tigy had about 700 mile on the clock November last year, I was doing a oil change on the wife's SEAT and whist I had the rosstech diagnostics out to clear the dash sevice lights on the SEAT I connected it to tigy, only to be shocked that there was a series of errors, including a airbag fault but no lights or warnings on the dash! The dealer had it back and told me there's a software update

·
Registered
185 Posts
paulthewall said:
The strangest thing thing happened there , got in car turned on and one after the other warning ping , hill hold function
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Stop start
Area assist
Parking sensors
Traction control
Abs
All showing faults and saying not functioning .
Major panic as you can imagine, turned off then back on and still same faults. I drove the car for about 5 miles then stopped and when I turned back on all was normal again .
Sorry for the long story but I kinda find it worrying that so much faults at once . Has anyone experienced this ?
Did you not have the battery disconnected at all prior to this? Or have something done to the car where they disconnected the battery and possible have failed to tighten the terminals properly?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Again one of the most common problems for this is power source battery lose not charging etc this has happened to me in a work vehicle. Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was in garage 4 weeks ago for the bonnet impact safety thing where they changed a detonation thing on bonnet hinge

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sounds silly but just try tighten the connectors on the battery. If that doesn't solve it then it may be a trip back to the dealer unfortunately.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At this stage of weekend it's gonna have to be Monday , had more faults with this tig than previous two put together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts