Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mileage on 8700 and just adjusted the tyre pressures from comfort (33 all around) to (38 all around) and now hitting 700 miles per tank (with some to spare) where I was getting around 650.

I rarely do motorway mileage and my daily commute is around 16 miles each way on B roads that range from 30-60mph in places so do not think that is too bad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow that's impressive. I'm sitting around 650 miles a tank with 53mpg overall with long runs sat around 58mpg after 3500 miles. I probably lose a bit of mileage being a 4 motion but still mightily impressive

·
Registered
953 Posts
JBS2472 said:
Mileage on 8700 and just adjusted the tyre pressures from comfort (33 all around) to (38 all around) and now hitting 700 miles per tank (with some to spare) where I was getting around 650.

I rarely do motorway mileage and my daily commute is around 16 miles each way on B roads that range from 30-60mph in places so do not think that is too bad.
I was heading for a lot higher mileage than that, but I've been told by the wife that she's not going to push the car any further :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
2.0 TSI - I refilled for the first time yesterday. Had only done 265 miles and that's from getting the car with a full tank and driving like an old lady while I'm running it in. I hope that's just cos it hasn't loosened up yet :-(

·
Registered
555 Posts
Breezer said:
2.0 TSI - I refilled for the first time yesterday. Had only done 265 miles and that's from getting the car with a full tank and driving like an old lady while I'm running it in. I hope that's just cos it hasn't loosened up yet :-(
It will be as tight as hell at the moment and it will take a few thousand miles before it loosens up. Don't drive like an old lady but don't rag it. You need to vary the power to get a good seal on the piston rings almost from word go.

Just remember it hasn't been treated with kid gloves before you picked it up. I've visited Nissan a few times and the end of line check is onto a rolling road, where it's accelerated briskly to just about maximum speed, while the guy inside goes through electrical checks from the drivers seat. Diagnostics are carried out during the process. I would imagine something similar for most car plants

Were you just doing short journeys?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hartside said:
Breezer said:
It will be as tight as hell at the moment and it will take a few thousand miles before it loosens up. Don't drive like an old lady but don't rag it. You need to vary the power to get a good seal on the piston rings almost from word go.

Just remember it hasn't been treated with kid gloves before you picked it up. I've visited Nissan a few times and the end of line check is onto a rolling road, where it's accelerated briskly to just about maximum speed, while the guy inside goes through electrical checks from the drivers seat. Diagnostics are carried out during the process. I would imagine something similar for most car plants

Have you tried 2 nd gear yet :!:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Miket said:
Hartside said:
Have you tried 2nd gear yet :!:
Yes, mostly short journeys.

As it's DSG - I have no idea :D It drops a gear or two at the slightest provocation, so it's probably getting some variation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Would like to see some more 2.0 tsi dsg stats as that's what I've ordered! - hopefully with a bigger distance to the tank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts