Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I posted on this site that I've been getting spurious errors on on the dash?, well the cars been back to the garage today and they say the VW badge was dirty on the inside?? Beets me the cars only done 1900 miles and new last October and only been out in a fine shower of rain, not exactly been thrashed down the motorway in heavy groty conditions, kept in garage rest of time, so how often have we got to have these kleaned

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've had one fault occur in a major downpour but other than that, it's been fine. Hopefully you won't have any issues again, at least not for a long time

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steve_t said:
I've had one fault occur in a major downpour but other than that, it's been fine. Hopefully you won't have any issues again, at least not for a long time
I may be corrected but I've read someware not to use the ACC in bad rain snow or ice

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
Miket said:
steve_t said:
I may be corrected but I've read someware not to use the ACC in bad rain snow or ice
That's correct, at least according to the manual

Steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do not use the cruise control in the rain and would not use the ACC as well. The car could hydroplain and the CC or ACC might decide to speed due to the resistance which is a very bad idea in such cases!

·
Registered
97 Posts
When you hit a water patch in the road, your car encounters a force and decelerates. The CC will then try to maintain the speed and will accelerate, which I have learned should be the opposite - remove the foot from the gas pedal because it can be dangerous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts