Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I get this on mine but it's very quiet and very intermittent.
The car in general seems prone to the odd rattle but at times is very quiet.
Makes it really difficult to take it in a say fix that, could lead to hours of frustration trying to get little things fixed.

·
Registered
835 Posts
yetirider said:
I get this on mine but it's very quiet and very intermittent.
The car in general seems prone to the odd rattle but at times is very quiet.
Makes it really difficult to take it in a say fix that, could lead to hours of frustration trying to get little things fixed.
Nothing more annoying than that. we used to get it on our old Nissan QQ.
We used to feel that we had to try and prove there was indeed a rattle and not just us being over fussy, which we were not.
There is a good chance that you will get the odd rattle in a mass produced car (so we where tolled my Nissan) but once you have noticed it your ear instantly homes in on it all the time just waiting for it to happen again.
We used to have bits of card stuffed between the air vents and the dash to stop some. Take it out and the rattle starts.
Take the car in with out the card and no rattle, it got so bad with ours and trying to prove there were rattles and other things wrong that I started to record them to play to my dealer who were totally useless and unhelpful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tigurline said:
My r-lines active info display rattles occasionally. Anyone experienced similar problem? I am going to advice dealer tomorrow see what happens.
Has anyone had any outcome with the Active info display rattles??
I took my R-Line for a 270km trip today and I have a similar problem. :x Mine occurs over coarse asphalt surface and sounds like something vibrating
against a plastic surface inside the dash assembly in the vicinity of the far right hand air vent next to the instrument binnacle. I am thinking it could be a wiring loom inside the dash somewhere. Other than that I am very pleased with my car. The 220ps motor is very responsive and if there was any turbo lag anywhere, I did not notice it. It was raining when we set out and there is a section of road over a winding mountain pass where it gets very slippery.
The car stuck to the road like glue. Other than the niggling rattle (which I sure will be sorted) I am very impressed with my car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine is the same but very intermittent, like a high frequency buzz.
Having said that a times in the cold weather my whole car sounds like a 20 year old piece of junk.
I plan to take it back as soon as I have time and tell them to give it me back when it's right.
I hate rattles and my 3 year old A3 never had a single rattle, felt really solid for the whole time I had it.
I don't think the Tiguan will be the long term ownership car I was hoping it would be as I move into retirement. I love the tech but the overall quality is lacking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.