Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone will be able to answer my query regarding the Active Info Display?
We had a Tiguan R Line which has been touring all the VW dealerships around New Zealand before
the official launch date at the end of August. I was one of the lucky few that was able to view and drive the
vehicle. What I noticed on the Active Info Display was the Tacho and Speedo needles were white yet on the videos
I have seen on line they have been an Orange/Red colour. Does that mean that the colour can be changed on the vehicle
settings somewhere? Looking forward to some feedback. I have attached a couple of images below

Cheers

Car Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for coming back. As a matter of interest what model/trimline are you driving and have you been happy so far?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got an SEL (UK) and i have the white dials + red needles. I cant find anywhere to change the colour certainly. Mabye the other one was a pre-production model or similar and they have changed the software ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a SEL 190 TDI and am delighted with it. only had it 3 weeks but 1440 miles so far as on a fishing holiday. Still getting used to all the toys but the active info display is great and the automatic cruise control is really good on busy motorways. Hopefully your roads are a bit quieter than ours! Overall I an well impressed and glad I went for the 190 TDI as performance is excellent as so is economy. I came from an Audi A4 allroad 190 TDI and the Tiguan is quicker and does about 10 mpg more. I also love the adaptability of seats and the fold flat front passenger seat - ideal for my fishing rods.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi salmonfisher...would you know the 'Gross Vehicle Weight' and also the 'Gross Train Weight' for the SEL 190 TDI 2.0 please as I have tried various means to find out and not coming up with any positive answers... Thanks in advance Chris :?: :?:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
salmonfisher said:
I have a SEL 190 TDI and am delighted with it. only had it 3 weeks but 1440 miles so far as on a fishing holiday. Still getting used to all the toys but the active info display is great and the automatic cruise control is really good on busy motorways. Hopefully your roads are a bit quieter than ours! Overall I an well impressed and glad I went for the 190 TDI as performance is excellent as so is economy. I came from an Audi A4 allroad 190 TDI and the Tiguan is quicker and does about 10 mpg more. I also love the adaptability of seats and the fold flat front passenger seat - ideal for my fishing rods.
Our roads are a lot quieter than the UK. I had the experience of the M25 whilst I was in London at the end of June :eek: I will definetly not complain about our traffic again! I am glad to hear that you are well impressed with the Tiguan. I am certainly looking forward to taking delivery of My R Line at the end of the year. I have sent an email to Volkswagen AG to see if I could get any clarification on the Active Info Display Tacho & Speedo needles. All the Tiguan's I have seen in NZ have had the white needles

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
It's just a thought, as I haven't got my car yet, but my dealer has lent me a manual and in the manual it does talk about 'personalising' the Active Info Display using one of the 7 different presets available in the setup.
Could it be that there are different colours for different presets?

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Essjay said:
It's just a thought, as I haven't got my car yet, but my dealer has lent me a manual and in the manual it does talk about 'personalising' the Active Info Display using one of the 7 different presets available in the setup.
Could it be that there are different colours for different presets?

Steve
Steve, if you have a look in the manual for me that would be great, but I suspect that if there are any settings at all they will be found in the "settings on the Infotainment system where you can adjust the interior lighting and stuff

·
Registered
169 Posts
The needles are white and haven't found any way of changing the colour .
The 7 settings are for the different style of rev counter and speedo ,you can have a standard look or mpg inside the Rev counter and gear you are in inside the speedo etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rduk said:
Interesting that mine are red needles and others are red!

Bigal - do you have an r line? I wander if that could be the difference? Mine is an SEL...
Guy's - This is getting interesting, so far we have got 2 SEL's one with Red needles and the other with White needles which makes me think that there must be a setting to change this. The only other way is to go through the settings in the Infotainment system, there is a mountain of info in there!
The way to do this is to press the "CAR" Button on the right hand side of the infotainment system. At the bottom right of the screen there should be
a "settings" button that looks like a cogwheel, This will bring up another menu system with a whole lot more options. If you scroll through these menus
you may find something with regard to the Active Info Display settings where you can adjust things like brightness ect. I would do this myself down at my local VW dealer, the only thing being that the few Tig's they have have all been sold so they don't really like people playing around with cars that are waiting for collection/delivery

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a good look through the menus on the car setup and any other option on the display itself, i can't see anything with regards to changing colours or similar. You can change the content on the dials, and the size of them (small/big with map mode) but that is all i could see!

Can't see anything in the manual either...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just a thought - are both the SELs diesel? Perhaps one colour for petrol, one for diesel?

Next time I go to dealer will look what we have in holand.

·
Registered
169 Posts
JonP said:
Just a thought - are both the SELs diesel? Perhaps one colour for petrol, one for diesel?

Next time I go to dealer will look what we have in holand.
You could be onto something there as mines a 2.0 tsi petrol and rduk's above is diesel ,both sel's.
White in petrol versions and red in diesel !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine was a VW group stock car, so I wander if it is down to when the car was built? That could be a common pattern based on brand new ones being collected. Mabye they changed the software?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.