Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Funnily enough, just been looking at this stuff too...I don't want to be in the position where my Adblue becomes a distress purchase on some motorway forecourt!

Euro Car Parts are cheaper in their "sale" - ECP are the DFS of the parts world - you'd have to be thick or desperate to buy at full price ;-)
code
weekend 30
Same brand of Adblue - £9.79 free post
Greenchem Adblue 10LtrProduct Code: 542770535

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/car-additives/diesel-system-additives/?542770535&&cc5_862

However, can't see if the ECP package includes a nozzle? That said, the Halfords one appears to be universal & not VW specific?

Have asked Car Parts for Less (CP4L) to quote - (ECP sister company - more trade orientated & so almost always cheaper, even than the ECP "SALE price").

I have dealt with ECP & CP4L for years - they are reputable.

I have seen even cheaper on The Bay, but worried about the quality of the chemical? I think this is quite critical?

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sale didn't last long as it's showing £13.99 on ECP Website :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
That price is before you use the discount code GreyEddy mentioned. You do that at the checkout.

·
Registered
339 Posts
tekcom said:
That price is before you use the discount code GreyEddy mentioned. You do that at the checkout.
:oops: :oops: ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry GTD184, I was not intending to come across as a dick back there.
😊

It seems that they are favouring the ignorance route when it comes to sale pricing.
They're hoping people forget to use the discount code, and end up paying full price.... rather than an automatic reduction in the basket total.

Now, the Adblue worked out to be about £9.84 ish for 10L.

Which is probably the cheapest place I could see, who are selling it in containers.
I.e.: not pumped from a forecourt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Adblue tank holds 12 litres. Which is up to 5000 miles range.

However, depending on driving style etc, you may have to fill before then.

Your dash will warm when low.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Correct.......Good point Roy :p :p

·
Registered
352 Posts
Adamsy said:
Cheers, didn't realise it would give me an indication.
From manual:
The AdBlue® tank must never run empty. As of a remaining range of approximately 2,400 km, the instrument cluster display will indicate that the AdBlue® must be refilled ⇒ Refilling AdBlue® . If the refill request is ignored, it will not be possible to start the engine again later . Refilling is not necessary if there is no refill request.
You can check approximate AdBlue range on the instrument cluster anytime as well scrolling up/down all driving data.

·
Registered
207 Posts
stumpy said:
Correct.......Good point Roy :p :p
Thanks Stumpy,
I don't want to go off topic, but for me, the 50p a litre difference which would be about £10/13 per year assuming two fills, makes no sense to mess about with the stuff yourself.
I prefer to go to the showroom have a free coffee wander round and speak to a helpful young lady on reception.
But you have to the time to do that. Fortunately I have.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
73 Posts
SlimPollack said:
Adamsy said:
Cheers, didn't realise it would give me an indication.
From manual:
The AdBlue® tank must never run empty. As of a remaining range of approximately 2,400 km, the instrument cluster display will indicate that the AdBlue® must be refilled ⇒ Refilling AdBlue® . If the refill request is ignored, it will not be possible to start the engine again later . Refilling is not necessary if there is no refill request.
You can check approximate AdBlue range on the instrument cluster anytime as well scrolling up/down all driving data.

Nice one!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Roy said:
Hi
Comparing pricing of ad blue, isn't it worth also mentioning VW will fill for £1.50 per litre fully inclusive under their service promises.
Cheers
Roy
Can you just turn up at any dealer and get a fill? No appointment?

Service...but even so, that's a 50% mark up on retail cost of materials.

I don't plan on taking that route myself.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Grey Eddy
According to their price promise no6 you don't need an appointment just turn up and be topped up. Of course I realise that they won't have a technician sitting there waiting to despense AdBlue, so you have to have spare time and not everyone has that.
Cheers
Roy

1 - 20 of 42 Posts