Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I noticed that on the screen between the instrument cluster one of the options lists the amount of AdBlue range. Mine says 4500 Mi and it has said this for the last 950 miles. I would have expected this to go down as I put on the miles or am I missing something. It also says in the handbook "open the message in the instrument display to show the min and max refill quantity". I suspect this message only appears when you have reached one of the trigger levels for refilling.

Maybe I have been driving very efficiently :? (Av 58mpg)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update! Today it still says 4500 but below is a topup indicator Min fill 0.75 Gal Max fill 0.75 so that would indicate its down by 3.4 Litres

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine seems to go down in 500 mile jumps. Had one fill up at 7k (when it said 1k to go) and now saying 4,500 miles to go at 11K. So looks like about 8k plus on a full tank which isn't bad. SEL 190 TDI.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes my dealer said the same around 7.5k to 8k and the best thing is I have vouchers for free AdBlue for 4 years 😀

·
Registered
182 Posts
I can't find anything about ad blue on my instrument panel Where can I see the figures..I've got the digital dash ....

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tig16 said:
I can't find anything about ad blue on my instrument panel Where can I see the figures..I've got the digital dash ....

Thanks
Tig16, Adblue is for Diesel vehicles

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
steve_t said:
Tig16 said:

Thanks
I must admit :oops: :roll: nor can I :arrow: :arrow: and I'm diesel ;) :) :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
steve_t said:
Tig16 said:

Thanks
It is a 150 diesel ....

·
Registered
42 Posts
My AdBlue stated 4,500 when I got the car with 10,000 miles on the clock, after another 1,000 miles it dropped to 4,000 so I topped it up to full and after a short run it went up to 5500 so I assume the range of a full tank of AdBlue is around 10,000 miles - depending how you drive :)

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't think it's possible to generalise on AdBlue usage, as KGG says it depends how you drive. I have just had a refill of 10lts at 5000 miles. So probably around 6500/7000 miles on full tank. This is probably down to higher level of short journeys and towing.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've just done about 7500 miles and used 10L of AdBlue (just topped back up) in that period - assuming the dealer had filled it to the top.

VW claim 640 miles/l as an average

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Just put my first top up of adblue in the car.
Bought a 10L Adblue from [email protected] and used about 9L of it.
Covered 4500 miles since dealer topped up- so around 500 miles per litre.
Strangely, the car said I only needed to add around 4.5 litres.......

·
Registered
328 Posts
Filled mine yesterday, odometer 'clicked' over to 5000 miles the day before. Had been holding out for the dash to state that 10 litres was required. Bought CarPlan AdBlue 10 litre from local Halfords (£14) and followed the instructions in the handbook with a hosepipe close-by for any spills but all went smoothly. Despite what looked like a fancy nozzle/spout I had to tip the container back to deal with air-locks a few times.

An absolutely no sweat job. Being methodical, ensuring the spout is correctly and firmly screwed to the container, keeping the nozzle pressed into filler neck throughout the process and switching ignition on for 30 seconds afterwards (as per handbook) before starting the engine are the only tips I can offer. Will definitely be doing DIY in future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine has developed quite an addiction to Adblue its had two full (I think 5 litre cans) up to 16K miles and wants more now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts