Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Going on a long holiday drive next week involving round trip of around 600 miles. I will probably get close to the adblue top up. I wondered if anyone has done it yet and if so what method was used. Did you go to a VW dealer (how much) or do it yourself.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I purchased a emergency bottle from My VW garage and a 20 ltr tub off eBay, I decant from the 20 ltr into the emergency bottle to fill the car
I'm getting about 500 mile per ltr

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Rockman2 did you have to use the whole amount.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi bigrids
You might care to search for this topic to get as many views as possible, it's been discussed at lenght. For me there was no question. Took it to the local dealer to fill. £13.50 for 10litres fully inclusive. Free coffee as well.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
At 3,700 mile just had mine done at my local VW dealership on Tuesday as I'm away next week in Europe, and didn't fancy getting the warning sign.....took all of 15 mins. I watched them do it and they used a turntable tripod on wheels to sit the 10 litre container on, to sit higher than the intake filler with a tube. On being completely filled the bubbles stopped and there must of been about 0.5 of a litre left in the container. Just a fraction over £15 smackers....Very happy :) :) . Now topped up it is reading 6000 miles before next top up on the information.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Roy said:
Hi bigrids
You might care to search for this topic to get as many views as possible, it's been discussed at lenght. For me there was no question. Took it to the local dealer to fill. £13.50 for 10litres fully inclusive. Free coffee as well.
Cheers
Roy
:lol: :lol: :arrow: :arrow: :oops: :oops: :oops: Bloody'ell Roy, you did well there mate...see my comment...but still happy :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Me as well I took my Touran to my local dealership it's only 1 mile away they said as I had purchased my car from them , they would fill Addblue from there tank as it would be cheaper ( no cost only A/B ) as they pass on saving,free coffee as well around £18 for 12 ltr if I Rember

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again guys. Seems like the dealer is a good option then. No mess and reasonable price.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Filled mine up at my local Shell petrol station from the pump and took about 3/4 minutes and cost about £6

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bloody'ell Roy, you did well there mate...see my comment...but still happy :D
[/quote]

Hi Chris
I thought it was a pretty good deal. It certainly doesn't suit everyone and there are many ideas on the subject. But for me when you have spent 30k+ on a car why mess about with the stuff to save a few pounds a year.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
158 Posts
bigrids said:
Thanks guys.
Rockman2 did you have to use the whole amount.
No, Just used over half of it. Will use the rest over a couple of months. I believe it doesn't keep too long after it is opened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts