Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience of adding additional options after an initial order (build week yet to be confirmed)
I ask because having been told the wait will be even longer for the car to arrive I have been doing some more research (probably shouldn't have) and decided that I would quite like the active info display as opposed to traditional dial dash.
Spoke to the dealer by email today who said he was unsure if adding this would push production back further (not an option I'm willing to accept) and then quoted an increased monthly payment of £14 per month which seems excessive. This would essentially cover the full cost of the display over the 4year PCP. I queried the cost suggesting that I would expect the extras to be discounted at the same rate as the purchase and that as per the PCP model I should only be paying the depreciation part. The reply so far to this something along he lines of "that sounds right" but then nothing. I am actually trying to spend a little more money with them but feels like I am having to sell that idea to the dealer.

Any thoughts? Am I not understanding something or getting something completely wrong?

·
Registered
125 Posts
We changed our spec from cloth to black leather and then from black leather to Storm Grey before the build week was confirmed - it was confirmed as the same date as the initial unconfirmed one.

Just be aware your unconfirmed date may move back on confirmation irrespective of whether you make any changes - not an uncommon experience from what I can gather.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts