Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in the glovebox, right storage, and centre these are mainly hard plastic that will scratch and cause rattles. I'm thinking of getting some stick on black felt and covering them so they match the inside of the door pockets.

Anyone done something like this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi yetirider
I would also do something like that, the finish in them is poor for the quality of the car, and I don't put anything in them because they will rattle. My last Golf was the same!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks like my first drive will be to the local hobby craft for some felt when I get mine...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
What about cutting to size one of those rubber non slip mats they sell in auto accessory shops..... :idea: :idea: :idea: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Will have to experiment with the available options first, but if anybody wants felt you can get A4 self adhesive sheets from hobby craft for £1 in various shades.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Yetirider,

On my Tig I have the following compartments:

Driver and passenger door storage bins - lined in felt.
Center storage under air-con controls - lined with a dimpled rubber
Storage at the top of dash (pop up) - lined with felt
Cup holder area - lined with a dimpled rubber
Center storage with lift up lid - felt lined.
Glove-box - non lined

So for me, the only bit non-lined is the glove-box. What do you mean by "right storage, and centre"

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
It13624, I think the 'right storage' is the small drop down storage tray to the right of the steering column (rigt hand drive models). Mine is not lined either.
I wonder if different models have different 'felt lining' levels?
Maybe someone with a different model can let us know.

Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks Steve, I didn't check that one! I suspect that this compartment isn't lined either. Funny how these little things matter especially when you have something annoying rattling around on a long drive :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

On my SEL, the right flip down by the steering wheel isn't lined, the glove box, the centre armrest has rubber on the bottom but nothing on the sides.
I'm going to order some felt off eBay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts