Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the LED headlights option worth it? Do they really make that big a difference over the standard halogen lights to justify paying an extra £1375?

Regards,
Levon

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had same dilemma but then noticed sel was £1500 more and comes with led front and back and a lot of other options so wasn't worth adding to se nav.

·
Registered
446 Posts
There are two elements to this I think; the light performance and the styling. The latter is perhaps a bigger reason IMO; the front end is literally transformed with the LED headlights and the triple chrome grill that comes with the lights.

It is a too pricey though for me, a shame really as the standard halogen headlights are a real penny pinching exercise and I can't think of another car that looks so different just because it has led vs halogen headlights.

For £1500 the SEL would be a no-brainer as the spec is so much better (includes the digital dash, nicer seats etc, 19" wheels etc)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I've ruled out the SEL because it doesn't offer the 1.4 TSI engine and I don't want to go diesel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plus jumping from 1.4 TSI SE Nav to a 2.0 TDI SEL is a £3750 price jump for I can almost justify the addition of LED headlights on the SE Nav :) I'm not too concerned about the styling, it's more whether the light performance is worth upgrading for.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In the winter when it's dark most of the time...the quality of the light and the constant adjustments they're making automatically... makes them worth having...I love them..it depends on your own budget.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ah I went for a tdi so it made sense. Well I have an old golf with halogens and currently an Audi with Leds. I live in the country with pitch black roads and the difference the leds make is quite a lot. Just find the halogens dull where as the leds light everything up clearly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
JumpeJ from SE Nav to SEL for the added value as the spec included a couple of options I wanted and a few others besides. Though I was buying diesel.

First real night time drive last night, tight twisty country lanes and a bit of A road. Got to say I'm impressed.

Need to find/make an opportunity to experiment with the various farkles fitted to this car as I really haven't had the time since collecting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts