Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to my dealer yesterday after I realised after owning my cat for 6 days I'd really like the key fob to open the boot up, without having to manually lift it.

Was told this can only be done in the factory as a new car and can't be retro fitted.

Does this sound right to you guys?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still looking in to this as I ive decided that I definitely want this feature.

Any other options, would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I too was told about this. As i picked up a car in stovk as i was in need of one quickly no option for garage to install it.

If you do manage to get it installed please share. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
It is not a case of can it be done as the answer is yes and there is a link to a company that can do it.

The issue is cost, it is an expensive upgrade.

If it is that important to you then you have the costs but personally I would not say the cost reflects what you gain and would choose not to add it if i did not have it factory fitted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
JK-VWTiguanR said:
It is not a case of can it be done as the answer is yes and there is a link to a company that can do it.

The issue is cost, it is an expensive upgrade.

If it is that important to you then you have the costs but personally I would not say the cost reflects what you gain and would choose not to add it if i did not have it factory fitted.
yea, 1500 is pretty expensive to install afterwards. Gonna stick to manual until the next car i thinks. haha

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,013 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts