Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Adding on electric boot opening.

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  PCM 
#1 ·
Spoke to my dealer yesterday after I realised after owning my cat for 6 days I'd really like the key fob to open the boot up, without having to manually lift it.

Was told this can only be done in the factory as a new car and can't be retro fitted.

Does this sound right to you guys?

#8 ·
It is not a case of can it be done as the answer is yes and there is a link to a company that can do it.

The issue is cost, it is an expensive upgrade.

If it is that important to you then you have the costs but personally I would not say the cost reflects what you gain and would choose not to add it if i did not have it factory fitted.

#9 ·
JK-VWTiguanR said:
It is not a case of can it be done as the answer is yes and there is a link to a company that can do it.

The issue is cost, it is an expensive upgrade.

If it is that important to you then you have the costs but personally I would not say the cost reflects what you gain and would choose not to add it if i did not have it factory fitted.
yea, 1500 is pretty expensive to install afterwards. Gonna stick to manual until the next car i thinks. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.