Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just placed an order for a Tiguan allspace r-line, and was just wondering, one of the options was the additional front underbody guard including stone guard, can someone tell me how this is different to just the stone guard ? Both options are the same price and you can only select one or the other. I went for the additional front option but want to make sure that was the right choice.

thanks

tas

·
Registered
360 Posts
Also very interested in this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so checked with dealer again, basically front underbody covers only the front under the engine bay, and the other doesn’t the middle of the body between the wheels. But you cannot have both.

that seems odd to me, why not full underbody protection ?

still unsure what the best option is, but left it as front underbody, figured that’s where the most important bits are.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am wondering this too. I've ordered the "underbody guard including stone guard" without anyone really knowing what it is. I ordered because the nearest explanation I got was that on the Tiguan (not the Allspace which could be different), the additional guard covers the whole of the underside of the engine bay and covers the sump.

On my current GTI, this is how the under engine protection was with the plastic sump exposed (not my actual car BTW)

I upgraded it to the full cover which not only protects the sump, but also keeps the engine bay cleaner and improves underbody aerodynamics.

Could owners of facelift models confirm if the "standard" under engine cover is like the first image or second please ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even on Audi Q3, I have the same splash shield.. Including all later Tiguan models. Looks like a cost cutting thing. I know tiguan was not designed for serious off road driving, but that shield looks really really dangerous. What is the part number on that full size shield? I might order that one too for my car.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts