Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 4 month wait I finally took delivery of a new RHD Tig here in S.Africa.

Since the local VW factory configurator doesn't list the Qi wireless charger as an option, I assumed it's standard. Was hugely disappointed to find that it's not fitted standard and in fact isn't available at all for African customers, even though the machine is made in Wolfsburg and fully imported.

I'd be grateful if anyone can recommend a solution. Both wife and I have Q-capable phones and t his was a feature we were looking forward to.

Any aftermarket Qi wireless charger you can recommend for the Tiguan?

·
Registered
953 Posts
My tiggy was purchased new off the forecourt so I didn't have the choice as a extras, but was thinking of buying one of the run of the mill ones for about £30 and fitting it under the rubber mat that in the dash cubby hole, ok it doesn't connect to phone airial but will save on cables hanging round and do its job

·
Registered
111 Posts
I wonder if the parts are available now to retro fit this as you would think the loom is already there.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I think there is a change to the socketry in the centre console as part of the wireless charging upgrade- so it may no be an easy retrofit.

·
Registered
953 Posts
dolphinfriendly1012 said:
I wonder if the parts are available now to retro fit this as you would think the loom is already there.
Wrong VW only put wires in we're they are required , cost cutting and weight saving

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. A retrofit of the standard VW part would of course be my preferred option, but the local VW hq says it's not available.

The local authorised dealer will soon be fitting a hardwire kit for the Mini 0906 dashcam and I was hoping to get them to wire in a Qi charger at the same time.

Ah well. Will have to see if I can modify/adapt a desktop wireless charging stand that connects to microUSB. I suspect the standard factory USB plug won't handle a 2000 mA charger so it'll probably need its own 12>5V step-down regulator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts