Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to one and all . I have been talking to ALA gap insurance. they said they don't cover alloys that are

"diamond or laser cut chrome or polished alloy wheels " :eek:

Are my VW Tiguan Alloy wheels, 18" 'Patagonia
Diamond or laser cut chrome or polished alloy wheels :oops: ???
Many thanks in advance :D :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Funny you should say that. My dealer has just asked me whether I want their Gap insurance and their separate wheel/tyre insurance.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Breezer said:
Funny you should say that. My dealer has just asked me whether I want their Gap insurance and their separate wheel/tyre insurance.
Does that mean there has been progress Breezer? - Also, out of interest, what did the dealer quote come in at?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bhuna said:
Does that mean there has been progress Breezer? - Also, out of interest, what did the dealer quote come in at?
No, just the dealer reminding me of their offer. Gap = £349 for 4 years, wheels/tyres = £479 for 4 years

I have declined.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Diamond or Laser cut can only be repaired once, which someone mentioned on this forum some months back :!: :!:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but are VW Tiguan SE Nav alloys Diamond cut ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
From what I gather looking at the wheel options, the Patagonia 18, Suzuka 20 and the Tulsa 17 look to me like "diamond cut wheels" I believed these wheels are machined on the face to give a smooth face and sharp edges. If the face was damaged they would need to be re-machined. The other wheels are moulded and polished or painted on the face.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks rockman

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Guys

R Line 20" wheels are laser cut. My dealer is offering insurance through Gardex at £349 for three years, which includes diamond cut. It says repair or replacement. But in the details they will make a contribution to a new wheel of £300 to replace. Not sure how much these wheels cost to replace but I have read somewhere that they are £900, but don't know where I saw that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Be aware of wheel insurance I took it out through VW when I bought the car was reassured it covered diamond laser cut wheels but I made a claim and they sent some Micky mouse idiot to my house who said they could repair the wheel cosmetically on my drive I complained to vw that I had been mis sold alloy wheel insurance they agreed and repaired the wheel which needed to be diamond cut free of charge and refunded me in full

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.