Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much looking about, messing about, test drives and concerns over delivery timescales.....
I've just sorted out an order for a White R-Line Allspace, 245 Tsi. This will be my 3rd Tig.
Done with drivethedeal who got me a quite frankly amazing price which will more than make up for the luxury VED. It will even give me enough dough left to get it black packed too.
I was looking at all sort of EV options, but even with a salary sacrifice scheme it was too much of a compromise. EV tech and leccy prices are constantly changing, and it felt too much of a leap for me. PHeV models all come across as flawed in one way or another (CVT etc)
So I got PCP price 17% off RRP and added IQ Lights, camera and easy open as options, Solid white as I still think the R Line looks best in white
12 month lead time fits in with my Lease which ends in... 12 months and a couple of weeks.
Looks like i'll be hanging around here for a bit longer then...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow great deal. I got a similar deal on mine in sept. They saying build week 8 and delivery by May. I had similar train of thought as u on the electric options. Good luck.

Reactions: mrew42

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I now find myself in the opposite situation from most on here who've ordered a new Tig.

Got an email (mentioned on another thread) from VW, my Allspace ordered on 11/02 has a confirmed build week 25/04.
I ordered the Allspace with and advised delivery of 52 weeks and at this rate will be in the UK, let's be generous, July. That's 7 months early. 7 months of lease still to run that I can't exit without a penalty. oh not to mention a service plan that I wouldn't be able to use if I DID exit early
I'm now trying to negotiate with my dealer and VWFS as to what they can do about my current lease which and march 23.

VWFS have mentioned at Preferential Early Purchase that the dealer may wish to exercise, if they want some fresh stock and that would be great. Waiting to hear from the dealer. I don't want to miss out on this discount I've been given on the Allspace. If there's no movement I'll crunch the numbers a bit more and see if it's worth taking the hit on the early termination. Otherwise I'll have to cancel and reorder nearer the end of my lease. Or order something else.

VWFS chap I spoke to couldn't believe the speed that Mexico would be able to build. Me neither.
😔

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe they could just give me your slot instead, if you aren't in this much of a rush? :D

Reactions: mrew42
1 - 8 of 8 Posts