Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
Just a quick post, will be more thorough next one but.... Ooooh that power 馃榿馃榿馃榿馃榿
Unexpected heated steering wheel 馃し
Missing engine cover, and no I didn't check before I left. Have chased that up
Wireless charging can't compete with wireless android auto so was lower on charge when I got home than at the start of the 45 min journey home
A clock on the main display. At last!!
And its no sports car but oooh that power
Don't think I'll need a pedal box with this one. I'll get Carista on soon to see what I can tweak.
Overall though, nice job James @ JCB.
Pics to follow
Will be interesting to see what they say on the engine cover. Still waiting on mine 3 months later. Was removed as a recall based on fire issues. Must chase again

Registered
Will be interesting to see what they say on the engine cover. Still waiting on mine 3 months later. Was removed as a recall based on fire issues. Must chase again
That鈥檚 interesting. I queried my dealer (whom I trust) on the subject, and he assured me it only affected the full blown R model.

Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Little review time.....
I started my Tig story back in 2018 when I got a 14.Tsi 4motion DSG SE Nav in indium grey (Toby one kenobi - my wife names all our cars) . It was a complete bargain on a lease and indeed my first lease.
It had some random minor issues with stop start (it would stop and wouldn't start again without taking the key out of the ignition and starting again) but nothing that put me off.
Had that for 2 years (just in case I didn't get on with leasing etc) but loved the Tig so went for another lease this time on an R-Line Tech 2.0Tdi 150 4Motions DSG (Toby two) with more tech gubbins than I knew I needed.
Winners for me were the cameras (reverse mainly) heated seats and OMG those Matrix LED headlights. All the rest was fine, I didn't feel I was missing anything with Discovery Pro or the upgraded stereo (can't remember what it's called now - as you can see I'm not bothered :) )
Toby one was obvs lower on Torque and a bit shouty at the top end, but it could shift - I even timed a 0-60 at under 8 seconds, but that may have been the App I was using on my phone.
Toby two was slower 0-60, 9ish but much smoother power delivery and buckets of Torque compared to the 1.4 Tsi. but refinement was low as far as the engine noise was concerned. but hey it's a diesel. Problems of note were the really sluggish throttle response from a standstill. Got I Carista OBDII plus and switched it from "Gradual Over time" to "Direct", but I still wasn't happy. It's not something I noticed during a test drive, so I assume it was something 'added' as part of the WLTP testing to try and lower emissions and improve economy. So got a Pedal Box from DTUK and it made a huge difference, but didn't get rid of it completely. Then I bought a Racechip RS from another forum member who was moving on from his TDi. Wow, only 30ish extra HP and 75 torques, but driveability was improved further and was a joy to use on a long run. Economy improved too. Still though the woolly throttle response remained. But the looks of the car are what what made me want an R Line in the first place. Still made me smile every time I saw it on my drive (and other venues). Got this at the start of Covid so didn't get used anywhere near as much as I had hoped, but 2 yeas in I managed to clock up 10k miles.
Roll on to Feb this year and seeing all the delivery issues on the back of semiconductor shortages and then the issue in Ukraine, I thought it best to plan ahead.
I did lots (probably far too much according to Mrs Wife) of research and kept swaying between ICE, MHev, PHev and full on EV. Long story short, I couldn't find anything that interested me like the Tig. Esp the facelift Allspace and the introduction of the 245PS Tsi engine. Wow.
Drive the Deal came up with the best price (17.5% below list) and I was advised of a 52+ week lead time.
A quick timeline below
11/02/2022 - order placed with DTD
14/02/2022 - Order confirmed by JCB VW Medway
21/04/2022 - Build week confirmed, BW 17 (25/04)
26/04/2022 - Build completed and "On it's way"
09/06/2022 - At Docks in UK, VIN & Reg provided.
15/06/2022 - Agreed a collection date with JCB
22/06/2022 - Collected Toby Three- let the fun begin.

Loving the new wheels, they look easier to clean too.
3 rows of seats, boot is now mahoosive with the 3rd row down, that's please the Mrs on her shopping 'expeditions'
Heated steering wheel was an unexpected bonus - don't know if it was ever mentioned in the spec but no complaints here.
DCC, VERY wallowy in comfort, great in Normal and as expected in Sport, coming from the Sport suspension in Toby 2.
That 2.0 Tsi is super refined compared with the Tdi. The engine has buckets of power and more torque than the Tdi, both of which are very much appreciated.
The drive from Medway back home was uneventful and gave me a little change to try various roads inc the M25 and some country back roads on my way back through Essex into Havering.
Apart from the missing Engine cover (I missed this on collection - numpty) I can't think of any down sides other the obviously expected drop in MPG, though I did manage 37mpg over 47 miles on my journey home when it only had 12 miles on the clock on collection. I didn't buy it for the economy though :)
Oh and that suspension sits WAY higher than the Sports susp on Toby 2 does. Just not used to it yet I guess.
Throttle response is what I would expect, not hampered the way the MY2020 Tdi in Toby 2 was. Put it into sports mode and the throttle becomes more 'switch' like, after Toby 2 I had to tell myself to take it easy a few times :)
Pics will follow when I get it detailed, not sure when I can squeeze that in yet :)

Cheers all
Mike

Reactions: MartinAbdn

Registered
Excellent timeline of events!

Do you feel there鈥檚 quite a gap in the wheel arch with the suspension having it sit quite high up?

I can鈥檛 decide through AutoTrader picture. Looks good regardless!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Excellent timeline of events!

Do you feel there鈥檚 quite a gap in the wheel arch with the suspension having it sit quite high up?

I can鈥檛 decide through AutoTrader picture. Looks good regardless!
It's huge. I can get my fist in there
(hope this reply isn't taken out of context) o_O

Registered
I can get my fist in there
Yea it does look this way in some images online, it doesn鈥檛 put me off though and likely get used to it without having to do any intervention to lower it a bit 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yea it does look this way in some images online, it doesn鈥檛 put me off though and likely get used to it without having to do any intervention to lower it a bit 馃槃
Compare these 2 pics and that's the difference I see on my driveway between the two (still got Toby 2 for a while yet)

Attachments

Registered
When you compare those two, definitely more noticeable.
Still looks good!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
re: the Engine cover, just got this back from the dealer

"I meant to mention this, yes that is correct, it is for 2.0Tsi engine that the factory are not fitting the engine covers, once it has been redesigned and VW have stock of the new covers they will be writing to customers to arrange to go to a VW retailer to get the cover fitted."

Reactions: ThePhatGit

Registered
re: the Engine cover, just got this back from the dealer

"I meant to mention this, yes that is correct, it is for 2.0Tsi engine that the factory are not fitting the engine covers, once it has been redesigned and VW have stock of the new covers they will be writing to customers to arrange to go to a VW retailer to get the cover fitted."
Did you get the owner's manual/handbook in the glovebox. Apparently some vehicles in the Stellantis Group no longer give you the manual just a downloadable PDF to save paper.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Did you get the owner's manual/handbook in the glovebox. Apparently some vehicles in the Stellantis Group no longer give you the manual just a downloadable PDF to save paper.
Yes, the glovebox is suitable adorned :)

Reactions: A1VWD

Registered
Yes, the glovebox is suitable adorned :)
Now all you've got to do is find the time to read it - or is that not something men should not have to do!

• Haha
Reactions: mrew42

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Now all you've got to do is find the time to read it - or is that not something men should not have to do!
I didn't read the last two so.......
Not the paper ones anyway.

Registered
Now that is a nice write up on the journey through Tiguan ownership.

You have done really well getting Toby 3 so quickly.

I bet it is a real beast with all that power.

And the new Tiguan saying is,

鈥淗e who orders new and waits patiently and quietly gets to drive theirs first鈥 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Joking aside it looks like some folk on here have and are being messed around with their orders.
I wonder if being loyal to the brand has helped get you through the waiting list so quickly?

Enjoy the new beast 馃憤

• Haha

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Now that is a nice write up on the journey through Tiguan ownership.

You have done really well getting Toby 3 so quickly.

I bet it is a real beast with all that power.

And the new Tiguan saying is,

鈥淗e who orders new and waits patiently and quietly gets to drive theirs first鈥 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Joking aside it looks like some folk on here have and are being messed around with their orders.
I wonder if being loyal to the brand has helped get you through the waiting list so quickly?

Enjoy the new beast 馃憤
Thanks chap.
I like to think I chose wisely on the extras, missing out the bits i rarely if ever use (sunroof all round cameras) and sticking with the bits I do (IQ lights, rear camera and Easy open boot)
It's a proper sleeper. Pull the stick into S and off it goes :sneaky:

Registered
Looking slick. Beautiful car. Enjoy!
You will have to let us know if you notice any difference in the handling between the SWB and Allspace.
Seems like James has been at JCB... forever.

Registered
Just noticed that your rear spoiler extension is gloss black and not body colour like all other Tiguans I鈥檝e seen. Is that an Allspace thing or something new ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just noticed that your rear spoiler extension is gloss black and not body colour like all other Tiguans I鈥檝e seen. Is that an Allspace thing or something new ?
Seems to be one of the differences between the standard Tig and Allspace R lines. The other being black v silver finish on the roof bars.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts