Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I connect my HTC10 via the USB socket Android Auto always takes precedence even if Mirrorlink is selected as the preferred connection. In the USB settings of the HTC mirrorlink is enabled but is still overridden by AA.

The phone states ML is connected but AA is always displayed on the screen of the Discover.

I saw a Tig advert on Facebook last night where playlist share is advertised which appears to be Mirrorlink.

Anyone else used Mirrorlink?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey welshkaiboy, have you gone into the app settings for AA?

IIRC you can turn off auto launch from here. I haven't tested in my Tig, so not sure it's the answer, but certainly worth a try.
I've not yet had a go with MirrorLink, as I'm a big AA fan :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take a look at that, I just wanted to see what ML did and looked like. AA is a good feature and better than Carnet.

I just wish that AA stopped breaking my BT pairing however I have read that i need to delete both the pairing on the Discover and phone and AA will manage it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
welshkaiboy said:
I will take a look at that, I just wanted to see what ML did and looked like. AA is a good feature and better than Carnet.

I just wish that AA stopped breaking my BT pairing however I have read that i need to delete both the pairing on the Discover and phone and AA will manage it?
From what I've seen, ML allows a number of VW smartphone apps to be used in conjunction with data from the car i.e Think Blue trainer, but also, and probably more importantly, it appears as though you can mirror your smart phone screen on the discover media unit. Which is pretty useful for apps that haven't been adapted for AA. I actually wasn't aware of the latter until I did a bit more research, so would in theory apps like Netflix/YouTube etc. could be used in the car, when stationary of course ;)

I haven't had any issues with AA breaking my BT connection to my phone, at least if it has there hasn't been any functionality loss - I'm still able to play music, make calls etc. TBH I haven't had too much time to sit and play with it, the misses has stolen the Tig most days to drive to work :(

Might be worth re-pairing your phone with the car and seeing if that resolve the BT issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, I have tried numerous times already re-pairing BT but it still asks the next time I use the car after using AA. I have changed some of the settings in AA but yet to sit in the car and try them.

I have already been told by VW that HTC has compatibility issues with WLAN so it wouldn't surprise me if this exists elsewhere as well.

HTC10 has USBC/3 so not sure if that is fully supported.

I will keep trying and report back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it looks like HTC screwed up Mirrorlink after the Marshmallow Android6 update according to reports online. AA is still killing my BT pairing tried this 4 times and the result is the same. So add the above and the already known issues with WLAN the HTC10 (even though a solid phone) is looking shocking when it comes to compatibility.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From looking through some other forums, you don't appear to be the only person facing this issue with the HTC 10. There appear to be some partial fixes, such as deleting all BT parings from the device and starting again, obviously if the only paring you have is with the car, then you've essentially tried this.

I heard that HTC are starting to roll out the Android N update, currently only for un-locked handsets. I suppose It's *possible* there maybe some fixes / updated chipset drivers, included in the update that might address some of the connectivity issues.

I use a Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X (Both Android N) in the Tig, both use USB Type-C and haven't had any compatibility issues.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BC88, yep I will just have to wait for the locked Android N update as an EE phone. Just have to live with the current issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts