Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to everyone. I've had the new motor for 8 days now and wanted to take a few snaps of a nice shiny new car but the drive back home over the Woodhead pass put a stop to that. I haven't really had time to clean it yet, but wanted to share these pics sooner rather than later, so apologies in advance.
As you can see there's no spare tyre which I wanted as there is no room, but I suppose with the 'Seal Inside' technology hopefully i'll never need to use the 'mobility kit'!
This is my 1st automatic so just getting to grips with it all but safe to say it drives great and is really fast compared to my Skoda Yeti. Looking forward to seeing if it can handle the snow too, if we get any this winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Like those exhausts! Did I read somewhere that they are actually dummies with the gases coming out under the bumper? I wonder if they could be retrofitted to non biturbo engined variants?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Love the car, You've explained one thing for me; I'd seen this weird thing in the boot in the showroom, with a cable going to it and hadn't realised what it was. Why does the bitb need the second battery? Or is it just to drive the sub woofer :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tricky said:
Love the car, You've explained one thing for me; I'd seen this weird thing in the boot in the showroom, with a cable going to it and hadn't realised what it was. Why does the bitb need the second battery? Or is it just to drive the sub woofer :)
Is that not the main battery in the boot , thought it was ,as sure I read somewhere that some models didn't have it in the engine bay :?:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it's the main battery as Gerge pointed out. The twin exhaust are fake with the real double exhaust just behind in the same place as the other models except it turns through 90° towards the ground. I have the outdoor pack fitted which is supposed to increase the departure angle at the rear but I can't see much difference between this and the standard BiTDI of DrMiles & TiGR162!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks 'Brill' 'Pasquale, thanks for the pics....'enjoy' mate. My tyres are Hankook on Victoria 19" and I don't think may be self sealing. I am going to get my rear n/s tyre checked tomorrow as I may have a puncture, as my warning for tyre pressures keeps coming on and been keeping an eye on it over the last week or so and losing 20 psi over the week

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looking good Pasquale! Took mine out for a run today and it is quick... I surprised a couple of Range Rovers! At 110 it felt like I was doing 70 :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Can someone clarify the situation with the spare wheel. I'm looking to get a Tiguan but WILL NOT buy a car without a spare.

·
Registered
96 Posts
sbird1975 The standard spec of a Tiguan includes a steel space saver spare wheel, I believe if you add the dynaaudio option you lose the spare wheel as the subwoofer etc...takes the space in the boot. I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,
I think if you had the subwoofer as part of the Dynaudio this would fit inside the spare wheel. You only lose the spare wheel if you have the Biturbo 240 as the battery goes in the boot to prevent a spare wheel being fitted.
Many thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
Makes sense...

·
Registered
342 Posts
It does unfortunately. Seems my adventures here will be very short lived. :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sbird1975,

If you choose the Dynaudio the woofer sits in the middle of the spare wheel. The 220ps TSI still has the battery in the engine compartment it is only the BiTDI 240Pps that has the battery in the boot. So if you are after the powerful engines consider the petrol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
180 is plenty powerful enough - sport mode it goes like a rocket....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts