Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All and Hello to everyone.

I have just joined this site as I am looking at purchasing a Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI 150PS 4 Motion, BlueMotion-Tech 7spd-DSG and would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Full spec is below. I can already tell that there are many knowledgeable people on this site and was hoping that some of that could be passed on to me in the form of a reply. Thanks in advance.

Manufacturer: VW
Model: Tiguan R-Line
Engine: 2.0 TDi 150PS 4 motion BlueMotion-Tech 7spd-DSG
Gear Box: DSG
Colour: Iridium Grey Metallic
Interior: Black 'Lounge' cloth
Optional Extras: Winter Pack - heated front and rear seats
Park assist with rear view camera
Tyre pressure monitoring system
2 year Service plan
4th year warranty (I am a private buyer who would like to keep the car for 5-6 years)
Boot mat-variable loading floor

Online this spec Tiguan comes in at £37714 and I was wondering what is the best discount I could hope to achieve? I'm also going to be looking at CAR WOW to see what they come back with. It seems like there is quite a wait from ordering and that used ones are not offering significant value or incentives as prices are quite high, hence the thought of purchasing a new one. Really appreciate any input and many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quick look on Carfile.net saving of £4,195 off list price of car, just need to add your options on which you can do on their website. I saved £5,000 off the price of my car. Good Luck.

VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN Small Estate
2.0 TDi BMT 150 4Motion R-Line 5dr DSG
£35,750.00
Diesel
Automatic
149g/km
£31,555.40

·
Registered
169 Posts
Apart from carwow try drive the deal,coast2coast or orange wheels and put your spec your wanting into their sites and see what discount they are offering .

·
Registered
220 Posts
avster said:
Hi All and Hello to everyone.

I have just joined this site as I am looking at purchasing a Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI 150PS 4 Motion, BlueMotion-Tech 7spd-DSG and would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Full spec is below. I can already tell that there are many knowledgeable people on this site and was hoping that some of that could be passed on to me in the form of a reply. Thanks in advance.

Manufacturer: VW
Model: Tiguan R-Line
Engine: 2.0 TDi 150PS 4 motion BlueMotion-Tech 7spd-DSG
Gear Box: DSG
Colour: Iridium Grey Metallic
Interior: Black 'Lounge' cloth
Optional Extras: Winter Pack - heated front and rear seats
Park assist with rear view camera
Tyre pressure monitoring system
2 year Service plan
4th year warranty (I am a private buyer who would like to keep the car for 5-6 years)
Boot mat-variable loading floor

Online this spec Tiguan comes in at £37714 and I was wondering what is the best discount I could hope to achieve? I'm also going to be looking at CAR WOW to see what they come back with. It seems like there is quite a wait from ordering and that used ones are not offering significant value or incentives as prices are quite high, hence the thought of purchasing a new one. Really appreciate any input and many thanks in advance.
Great choice of car - just about same specification as I have chosen. I used CarWow and local dealer bettered the offer. Look to get 4 to 5 K off.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Save yourself some money and drop the heated seats. I don't think there is any benefit of heated seats with standard cloth.

Everything else ticks the right boxes!

·
Registered
96 Posts
GTD184 Disagree, I have had heated seats in my last four BMW's all with cloth seats. Fantastic in the winter at 5am as diesels take ages to warm up inside and great for my sore back.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Went with CARWOW for my SEL, plus a few options, and got almost £4k off the list price. Local dealer alas not willing to come close to that so have had to order from a relatively unknown VW franchise. Would have preferred to keep my business local and even offered them £500 extra but no dice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went through CarWow to get some prices then went armed into my local dealer (with prices not actual weapons!!) Managed to save just over £5,000 on list price, which i was happy with. Took 3 hours of negotiating but if you a re prepared to spend a bit of time in the showroom, there are deals to be made.

I was also looking at the Seat Ateca and did the same thing but my local Seat dealership said that they could not compete with CarWow! So at that point i simply walked out lol.

I think realistically you can look to save between £4,000 to £5,000 off list price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
GTD184 said:
Save yourself some money and drop the heated seats. I don't think there is any benefit of heated seats with standard cloth.
For what it's worth...

I have heated cloth, standard seats. They work very well indeed, and imho are hotter than the m sport leather "sports seats" in the car-before-last (3 series BMW).
The highest setting in the tig has actually been too hot, even in the recent cold snaps here.
Heated seats are essential for me given my aging frame and associated variety of musculoskeletal disorders!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I also have heated cloth seats. I do find they take a lot longer to heat up compared to heated leather seats in my previous cars, but I wouldn't be without them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Each to their own and everyone is entitled to make an informed choice. However statistics will point towards that very few owners specify the heated seat option on cloth seats.

Personally I see it pointless to have heated seats with cloth trim in the UK given that we only have 4 weeks or so when its cold enough to reap any benefit.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
I have the heated seats, and to be honest I've never used them, they're standard with the leather, but I'd be quite happy without them. I can understand some people with leather love the idea, but my backside is never cold enough to need them. Now if you could keep them cool in the summer, that would be much more helpful.
I suppose all of the 'extra' padding on my rear end helps :lol: :lol:
Although to be truthful I just have a [email protected] @rse :lol: :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just want to say a big thanks to everyone that has replied to my original message. I am digesting all the information in your replies and appreciate all comments sincerely. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
96 Posts
GTD184 said:
Each to their own and everyone is entitled to make an informed choice. However statistics will point towards that very few owners specify the heated seat option on cloth seats.

Personally I see it pointless to have heated seats with cloth trim in the UK given that we only have 4 weeks or so when its cold enough to reap any benefit.
Fair enough but statistics are pointless as you can view them how you want. 4 weeks cold weather, we have had far more than that and as you say personal choice. I think Dynaudio and leather seats are pointless just saying...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mmmm...what stats would that be then?

Just trying to help the op, with regard to the issue of heated seats. No offence intended.

For my budget, the VW offer on the Tig interior seemed to be not a lot of actual leather, quite a lot of "leather look", and therefore not good value- to me. Especially as my cars seem to end up with seat covers on a lot of the time.
I have no stats to back up mho tho :lol:

Another point for the OP...
I ended up with keyless electric tailgate (details of the how/why already posted elsewhere) although I would never have ordered it tbh.
I would strongly recommend this extra, as the back of this car is a veritable sh1t magnet...no stats for that either :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Once you've had heated seats you need to have them , mine are cloth also .
Especially through the winter and as my work shifts finish at midnight they are much appreciated though as stated above ,the top setting is too hot and have to knock them down to the middle setting before they burn my bum :lol:

·
Registered
157 Posts
It does make you feel like you've wet yourself though! Lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Urrrz106 said:
Fair enough but statistics are pointless as you can view them how you want. 4 weeks cold weather, we have had far more than that and as you say personal choice. I think Dynaudio and leather seats are pointless just saying...
It all depends on what statistics you are referring to!

I reiterate again heated seats are a personal choice, an option I would not choose for cloth interior!

Although I would agree with your thoughts on Dynaudio and Leather especially on a 2.0Tdi 150 SEL 2WD........choosing those options would be pointless and would not make any financial sense on a budget SEL variant........just saying! :|

·
Registered
96 Posts
GTD184 said:
Urrrz106 said:
It all depends on what statistics you are referring to!

I reiterate again heated seats are a personal choice, an option I would not choose for cloth interior!

Although I would agree with your thoughts on Dynaudio and Leather especially on a 2.0Tdi 150 SEL 2WD........choosing those options would be pointless and would not make any financial sense on a budget SEL variant........just saying! :|
Are you for real! Budget SEL ha ha you know nothing about me or my cars. Maybe you think this forum is just for the snobby R-line caravan towing owners like you. In that case I am out. Your buying a VW Tiguan not a Bentley. For what it is worth you mentioned statistics not me. There are some genuine people on here, but you just seem like a ...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bit of r line snobbery coming in there ? :eek:
How can you say an sel is a budget version , only thing it hasn't got is a flashy body kit ! :evil:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.