Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the parking menu there is an option "automatically detect" or something like that. Should this automatically allow park assist pick up a space without pushing the button beside the gear lever or do you need to indicate to get it to see the space? Had a quick play in the works car park last night but couldn't get it to work.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not sure how it would know you weren't just passing spaces in traffic as against wanting to park...
In the Mk1, you press once when you want to parallel park, twice for end parking, indicate left or right to say which side you want it to look. it'll tell you when it finds a space.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tricky said:
Not sure how it would know you weren't just passing spaces in traffic as against wanting to park...
In the Mk1, you press once when you want to parallel park, twice for end parking, indicate left or right to say which side you want it to look. it'll tell you when it finds a space.
That works no problem, just there is a tick box in the car menu that is "automatically detect" or something and I wondered if that would do it. My mates Merc picks up spaces automatically.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
How does that work then. How does it know when you want to park? It could well be the same as your mates Merc. they've made so many changes mk1 to mk2, it's just the question of how it knows you want to park.

At least you've got the hang of using it the regular way. Bit scary first time you try it though :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tricky said:
How does that work then. How does it know when you want to park? It could well be the same as your mates Merc. they've made so many changes mk1 to mk2, it's just the question of how it knows you want to park.

At least you've got the hang of using it the regular way. Bit scary first time you try it though :)
I wish I knew, maybe speed, indication or something. It is a bit distracting looking to find the button though and the wife always picks the parking sensor button by mistake. It is a seriously impressive feature though

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I've only used it a couple of times myself, mostly just playing. However one time it offered a slot I thought too tight and got me in no problem. So coming out I let it take me out on the principle you got me into this....

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha, never tried using it on the way out yet. That's next on my list to try now

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think it might relate to auto detect if it's bay or parallel. When I'm in car next I'll try to remember to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Isn't the auto just for ParkPilot I.e auto parking sensors. On mine it's set to auto and if it detects things close (at certain speed) the park pilot display pops up and you get the distance beeps. I've got areaview with park assist - not sure if that's just part of that system.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That would make sense. On my mk1 you have to stop and start slow manoeuvring for them to activate or switch them on with the button. On me misses polo they come on automatically if you slow and start crawling. Sometimes a boon, when parking, but can sometimes come on in traffic.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ashypants said:
Isn't the auto just for ParkPilot I.e auto parking sensors. On mine it's set to auto and if it detects things close (at certain speed) the park pilot display pops up and you get the distance beeps. I've got areaview with park assist - not sure if that's just part of that system.
Just checked and you're right, it's for auto parking sensors

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That would make sense. On my mk1 you have to stop and start slow manoeuvring for them to activate or switch them on with the button. On me misses polo they come on automatically if you slow and start crawling. Sometimes a boon, when parking, but can sometimes come on in traffic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts