Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
A no no from me....yep a Polo ....Golf.... would look cool :cool: :cool: But for me a SUV is being aloft seeing the views....but also knowing it will kick ass if you want it to, fly over ramps & bumps....and get home in time for Xmas in the snow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
They say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', well I for one 'aint beholdin' it. Nooooooo. :eek:

Steve

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not for me looks chavvy. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Recognising that lowering is generally the preserve of men under the age of 30 and that my assumption is that the majority of users here are north of 30 (and in fact north of retirement age), I don't think the OP will find many fans on this forum.

But I have always wondered where the attraction to the aesthetic comes from. To me, jamming the wheels up into the arches makes it look like the suspension has collapsed. And presumable, driving over speed humps, kerbs, into multi storey car parks and doing things like turns in the road with any level of practicality must be a nightmare. Plus the ride must be boneshaking. Edit - I auppose if it has proper air suspension it might not be dreadful.

I sound like my grandad. But then I suppose we all change when we get older.

I had two standard Focus RSes a few years back and without lowering, they regularly got scraped.

·
Registered
202 Posts
interesting thing for me is not the lowering but the effect of the white trim on the wheel arches (obviously i have a white car) instead of the black.....would be interesting to see the overall effect on a non-lowered r line...as that effect might be more interesting.

·
Registered
157 Posts
JonP said:
interesting thing for me is not the lowering but the effect of the white trim on the wheel arches (obviously i have a white car) instead of the black.....would be interesting to see the overall effect on a non-lowered r line...as that effect might be more interesting.
Funnily enough.. I was thinking the same thing! :) Anyone out there got any examples?

·
Registered
446 Posts
The first one looks awful but that's mainly because it's on black wheels and black wheels scream chav. The 2nd photo doesn't look bad though, looks almost like an estate car when it's that low (the body doesn't look that tall).

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.