Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The funny thing is that the rattling noise only appears when the roof is closed and the car goes over a bump or uneven Road surface.
When it's open or even tilted up, the rattle is not there. More prominent when it's cold, and less so when it's warm.
:?:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Is yours a MK2? I thought it was only the MK1s that suffered from this. My MK2 has a full sunroof and doesn't suffer from any rattles....yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine started rattling this morning :-( need to isolate where from exactly and then a trip to the dealers.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just throwing this one at you have you check the seals is there one missing or come lose just a thought?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies.
Yes mine is a MK2 with a Moonroof.
The noise seems to come from the front passenger side sounds like a bag of marbles.
No noise when it's tilted up or when it's open. Quite irritating.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We are all hoping you pioneers are going to tell us the outcome and the remedy(ies). :)

Mine not rattling but not used it yet because of reported problems. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will need to libricate your seals. The seals become hard and the rattle is actually the friction between the glass and metal due to the hard seals. Gummi Pflege is what is used on all German cars and is the dogs nuts. Easy to apply and sorts it after yhe first application. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Prawn82 said:
You will need to libricate your seals. The seals become hard and the rattle is actually the friction between the glass and metal due to the hard seals. Gummi Pflege is what is used on all German cars and is the dogs nuts. Easy to apply and sorts it after yhe first application. :D
Thanks for the tip. No issues with my sunroof as yet but managed to tear the door seal on our previous Golf due to freezing so have ordered a bottle of this from Amazon as a pre-emptive strike on both counts.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
+1
Ordered some too. Prevention is better than the cure they say!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Had some of this for the caravan along with Captain Tolleys creeping Crack Cure. ( I kid you not).
Thought it was a new medical breakthrough when I first heard of it. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Prawn82 said:
Thanks for the tip. Another Amazon order placed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 - may as well give it a go!

Saying that, though, mine's not had the rattling since the weather's warmed but will apply anyway in the hope that it doesn't return when it cools down again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let me know how you get on. Ive used it on my last Car and was amazed. The rattle stopped immediately.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Tig16 said:
Prawn82 said:
Thanks for the tip. Another Amazon order placed.
Great tip there!!!

Mine has started making a small noise recently. Not too bad that I'd let a dealer have a go at fixing but mildly annoying at the same time.

Had some gummi pfledge in garage from a golf years ago, put a coat around the seal and sure enough, complete silence.

Very pleased cheers!!

Ryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts