Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts
I’ve ordered the same without the leather seats
You ordered urano grey or changed the color? I preferred dolphin grey but even with leather seats and 360 view, I was going above 40k so had to remove 360 view. Should be fine with rear view.

Just couldn’t resist this…………
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Steve

Has anyone who's ordered a PHEV actually got a build week for one yet?
No phoned my dealer today to ask some questions
First question was am I going to get a price increase? Answer no price is locked when you paid your deposit
Second question as Vw accepted my order not yet
Last question why not answer don’t know
Ordered my car 27/10/21

First question was am I going to get a price increase? Answer no price is locked when you paid your deposit
Ordered my car 27/10/21
I'm in exactly the same boat as you - ordered 2/10/21.

I drove an Elegance hybrid today which I found very responsive and a very pleasant drive. There's a strong chance I'll be ordering one. I have a four year old SEL diesel at present which has been a brilliant car but I reckon it's a good time to go TSI or hybrid. Dealer quoted 26 weeks delivery and told me that Tiguan production has picked up in the last couple of weeks which has taken a bit of pressure off stacked up orders.

Just seen this thread, I ordered the r line PHEV on the 8th September and have an expected delivery of the 28th Feb2022 which hasn't budged from the initial order! Fingers crossed it gets brought forward rather than pushed back!

Just seen this thread, I ordered the r line PHEV on the 8th September and have an expected delivery of the 28th Feb2022 which hasn't budged from the initial order! Fingers crossed it gets brought forward rather than pushed back!
Pushed back to March for the new 22 reg would be better IMO.

Ordered my car 27/10/21
My dealer didn't ask for a deposit but confirmed the price was locked when I placed my order. Due June 2022

Hello

Just joined this forum for some advice please.

In the market for new car, not used. Never owned a VW, but considering Tiguan PHEV, probably the 1.4 TSI eHybrid Elegance.

Just wondering if anyone actually has ones of these, and if so any comments, in particular the real world fuel efficiency ?

Thanks in advance
Hello

Just joined this forum for some advice please.

In the market for new car, not used. Never owned a VW, but considering Tiguan PHEV, probably the 1.4 TSI eHybrid Elegance.

Just wondering if anyone actually has ones of these, and if so any comments, in particular the real world fuel efficiency ?

Thanks in advance
I would test drive, a 1.4 is very light, i drove a 1.5 and i thought it was too slow and sluggish. if you buy without trying you could make a very big mistake

I would test drive, a 1.4 is very light, i drove a 1.5 and i thought it was too slow and sluggish. if you buy without trying you could make a very big mistake
245 bhp and 0-60 in 7.5 is pretty quick. There are more than a few road tests out there of that engine in multiple cars from the Passat to the Skoda Octavia and the Cupra formentor. There are criticisms of the weight over the petrol versions but none about the performance. The only time you will be on petrol alone is if you're doing over 100 miles in hybrid or if you run it in electric only at the start of a long Journey until the battery is done (which is not how its supposed to be driven)

The 245PS 1.4 TSI eHybrid is certainly not slow and sluggish! The dealer allowed me two test drives. I live in town so 90% of my trips and 50% of my mileage will be urban and all-electric - I can report that the eHybrid is nippy, responsive, quiet and really good to drive around town as an electric car. My second test was out of town in hybrid / GTE mode: I didn't do any 0-60 tests because, who does, in real life? But I can report that the eHybrid feels really quick: the 100hp electric boost kicks in instantly and that responsiveness can actually make it feel much quicker than bigger engined models. Yet when pootling along a motorway at 70mph the 1.4 TSI engine alone will be quite sufficient for the task and it will do at least 10mpg more than the 2.0 TSI. Overall, compared to the 2.0 TSI 4MOTION, which is a similar price, I feel the eHybrid will be better to drive around town and at least as responsive out of town, while consuming about half the amount of petrol each year. Downsides? No 4WD, less boot space and greater complexity (?reliability issues).

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.