Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
As Trims above, I found the car light and responsive and really very nice to drive. 75% of my day-to-day is between 15 and 40 miles, with quite a few under 30 miles. So the hybrid makes sense to me. 4wd is not something I want or need so that's not an issue for me. The only thing I wanted but couldn't have was heated windscreen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wife has a golf with the 1.5tsi and it’s great in that car. Interested in the ehybrid Tiguan for same reason as Trims. Dealer I saw today said that the electric only drive doesn’t last long (sales manager did around 11 miles to work and it was empty - that’s a lot less than the 25 ish I’d expect) and more going for ID4. I suppose that if you drive in mixed hybrid mode, the electricity just gives extra efficiency with the electric boost if you want to floor it on shorter trips.

Can’t make up my mind up between Elegance and RLine - anyone had both and changed/preference?

·
Registered
257 Posts
You can lose up to a third of battery capacity in very cold weather - or in fact very hot weather - and obviously it depends how you drive it.

Reactions: Newbie5

·
Registered
57 Posts
On my test drive I drove 22 miles out on comfort with a couple of blasts on GTE and still had about 75% battery left. I then drove the 22 miles back on battery and it still had a segment showing when we got back to the dealership. Country lane driving - no motorway. Pretty similar to my day-to-day. This was 4 or 5 weeks ago - the weather was mild.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts