Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scheduled to pick up my new Tiguan on the 1st of March. I've been given my registration however no sites recognises it as yet. The dealer mentioned that I may just have to insure it based on description etc.

Anyone else in the same boat?

·
Registered
115 Posts
It happened to me, using description is fine, but I heard some company won't give you their best price because of no reg.
I took the 5 days( I think its 5) free insurance, which I needed, and it was enough for the insurance companies to recognise the reg for quotes

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed to get a decent quote off of LV last night using the description. Think I'll go with that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From looking about I think its just the same. Its just a little easier to put the reg in than search all the different models.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You got to pick?! Nice!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is set for delivery on 15th March. I know the reg and VIN (leasing with VW) and have done now for about two weeks due to the finance paperwork but still can't use the reg for insurance and any VW web service that asks for either reg or VIN doesn't recognise them yet either.

·
Registered
112 Posts
As you can imagine in the months of March and September the car dealerships are so busy.

The DVLA will issue a list or pool of registration numbers at least 30 days prior to the new numbers.

This is to ease the pressure on the sales admin team.

For example customer picking up car on 1st March
Car arrives at dealership 1st week in February sales admin will tag a registration number to the vehicle. So that the sale person can issue the number to the customer before delivery to arrange insurance.

As the 1st of March is still to come the car is not officially registered with the DVLA so the registration number will be useless to the insurance search all the details need entered manually.

If you speak nice to the sales person they could ask sales admin to print the current list of reg numbers avail you might get luck and get the letters in your initials etc.

That's how some people are getting the chance to pick the number prior, tbh all customers should get the list and be able to pick, bear in mind if you do ask for the list it's more than likely now with only a short period of time before March it will already be allocated to your vehicle.

Hope this helps understand the dealership admin etc

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took 5 days VW free insurance and gone try and see if anyone recognises the reg on the 4th day before I use the description!

·
Registered
112 Posts
No one will recognise the registration

As the vehicle is officially not registered

March is here yet,

Even after the 1st of March it will take a week for the DVLA to update the information avail to insurance companies etc

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was contacted today as they would like to deliver my Tiguan on 3rd March. Still waiting to hear about early termination on current lease which is due back 27th April. Hoping to return current car in March and get 50% of final months payment. Will just need to sort out short term insurance for a few weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Due to pick up on 2nd.
Had panic attack as paperwork arrived with 66 plate reg. Contacted dealer and sorted straight away. Just a few more days to shiny 17 plate :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exciting times!!!
Im like a kid at Christmas, went to see the car again yesterday, looks amazing!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts