Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my shiny new Tiguan on Friday and I love it. Tried out both Apple Maps and the built in sat nav today. As far as I can see there are pros and cons to each.
Has anyone tried both systems before and have any feedback?
Thanks
Martin

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fever said:
Picked up my shiny new Tiguan on Friday and I love it. Tried out both Apple Maps and the built in sat nav today. As far as I can see there are pros and cons to each.
Has anyone tried both systems before and have any feedback?
Thanks
Martin
Snap...got my Tiguan on Friday as well. Tried both tonight on the way home from London and for live traffic Apple maps is the far better option and not as clunky as the VW system. Both are good systems but I think the traffic data is from TMC on the VW system.

·
Registered
627 Posts
can you put apple maps on the active info display or only the in car nav on there?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bhuna said:
can you put apple maps on the active info display or only the in car nav on there?
Correct you can only put Apple maps on the main screen not the active info display. I thought the same and tried it, you just get a message telling you CarPlay is providing navigation or words to that affect.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is it possible to use Google maps rather than Apple maps?

Andy

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
ACS said:
Is it possible to use Google maps rather than Apple maps?

Andy
Unfortunately no, you can only use Google Maps if you're using android auto

Steve

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was also disappointed that Android Auto maps could only be ported to the large main screen and not be displayed on the dash display. When I was looking for a new car, I was adamant I wanted it to have Android Auto. Now I don't even use it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts